S3 Brakes

S

S3 LTN

Need some further info on this subject...
S3 going to need brakes soon too aswell as the tyres... talk about coming at the right time....
neway Audi charging for just the front discs and pads total of £89 (each disc) £76 (front pads).
as for labour... ha forget it... a mate of mine will do it he works at KwikFit and knows how to aswell.

Look at the difference in prices with labour... both these dealerships are the closest to me.

Bedford Audi = £150
Hitchin Audi = £200 :motz:

why the difference i dont know but all i know if i did get them fitted from Audi i'd go to Bedford... not only beacuse of their price but the drive there down the A5. Both dealerships are same distance away.

Anyway what should i do... are there other options out there for her or shall i stick to standard... bit pricey was thinking maybe there might be upgraded brakes out there for similar prices...

Audi doesnt own the dealerships, Audi can only specify how long a job can take hours wise but not the charge per hour! Therefore you should always shop about because each dealership can specify its own labour rate, it sucks but currently nothing we can do about it

Ask the guy in the parts department for a discount, it might save you a bit of cash. Or you could get a price from vagparts, but the postage might be expensive. Or a third option, go to a local car accessory shop for a non OE part. It's your call....

I would have thought £89 per disc is quite good, the Leon Cupra R ones which are smaller from the delaer were around £125 each!

True! That gave me a shock when I had my Cupra R. Seem to remember the pads were something like £140 a set too!

Probably expensive because they were Brembo - not convinced they were better than the S3 brakes though.

£125 EACH!! wow... Yeah looks like il be sticking to the standard ones then. Going to order them hopefully wont take too long coz they need doing as soon as.

Reading this thread, I am now suffering massive depression from living in Australia.:bye:

My A3 3.2 has the same size breaks as the S3, no flash break claipers though. The quote for front and rear breaks is $1,800 aud, roughly 766 pounds. Ouch!:keule:

I suppose its those shipping cost. :wtf:

I am jealous of the S3 boys on here. If I had a S3 I would....

Bigger Turbo w/3"downpipe
FMIC
Clutch
Uprated Haldex
Coilovers
Sports Cat & Exhuast
DV
6 Pot Brakes

I have driven an S3 N8KOW, and I must say, WOW, the chasis is spectacular. I know where you are coming from, but with the mods to my exhaust you really can't beat the scream of the V6 for noise. Now if I can just get my Chasis tweaked to the same as an S3, Heavan on earth.