1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s3 brake upgrades? also other tuning.

brys3 May 11, 2010

1. brys3

brys3 Member

hi, ive recently had a rear caliper ceasing issue. i have rectified this however im considering upgrading them and im looking for help as to what i can fit with ease. im also looking at upgrading the suspension and dont know what most people opt for. any other engine tuning tips/guides would help, it has been remapped, or so i believe.

any help would be most appreciated

2. Chlippo

Chlippo Member

Rotors: EBC or Black Diamond
    Pads: Ferrodo

Suspension: H&R springs, Bilstein dampers

Thats what i have concluded form reading on this forum

3. dragonstyle

dragonstyle Member

how do you know if ur calipar has ceased cos my getting a weird noise from the back when driving slowly

4. brys3

brys3 Member

my rear left pads where completely worn and the rear rights where ok, upon changing pads i tried winding piston back in and would not budge. getting back to brakes i was thinking of larger calipers, discs etc. brembos maybe, any ideas?

5. JD09

JD09 I'm not modding, I'm improving VCDS Map User

[​IMG]

Bill/Badger5 on here does a kit for Brembo Jnr Kits as well as the AP eBay kit (circa £8-900).

Apparently the setup mentioned above (black diamond discs with Ferrodo DS2500 pads) is night and day difference and, unless the second hand pair of Brembos I have my eye on come up for sale, this will be next months purchase.

6. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Larger brakes for the rear??? no point...

Rear calipers are best wound in using a pukker tool tbh... I have always used long nose mole grips etc in the past but my S3 ones wouldn't wind in at all... turn but not go in... ended up borrowing a tool and it took 30secs a side...

<tuffty/>