S3 Brake/ABS Judder/Pulse & Noise?

Persian

CEO
Reaction score
Hey peeps,

If anyone could shed some light regarding this issue i will appreciate it a lot. So long story short its been a while when approaching traffic lights upon braking and near 10mph +/-5 the brake pedal starts to pulse heavily whilst getting really heavy and stiff to a point where I have to let go and reapply the brake.

Apart from that a loud grinding/clamping noise seems to be produced from the pedal/inside the cabin.

Since I've gone through all other threads similar to this, i've scanned the car, resulted in no faults and checked the discs and no they are not warped.

I'm aware according to other threads this could be sensors etc as its the ABS kicking in (if I'm correct). however not sure on where to start as there are no faults to go ahead with.

Appreciate any sort of response. Thanks.

Checked the reluctor rings? Last time i had this it was a broke one.

Reactions: Persian
I've had a fault like your describing a couple of times, once on another car which was a reluctor ring damaged/corroded and once on current car which was wheel speed sensor but that threw a code up on vcds.
Sounds ABS related but you'd usually expect to see a fault code aswell

Reactions: Persian
I've had a fault like your describing a couple of times, once on another car which was a reluctor ring damaged/corroded and once on current car which was wheel speed sensor but that threw a code up on vcds.
Sounds ABS related but you'd usually expect to see a fault code aswell

That is the trouble 'no faults'. Taking the car in for a check to my mechanic am gonna let him know what could be the likely issue hopefully get around it. Thanks for the help

Reactions: S3 Hilife