1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s3 bgw car scouts ltd

giggs Oct 27, 2011

1. giggs

giggs New Member

hi there everyone i have seen a 08 s3 for sale at bgw car scouts just wondered if anyone had any dealings with them i rang them up and he said he was a trader but didnt have a garage but i could view it in 2 different locations depending on which was closer for me.Do you all think it sounds a bit dodgy or should i go and view it only i am a bit worried when its a 16 to 17k car.

2. Ads

Ads License to drive

It could be all above board and a legitimate one-man trader, but for a 16-17k car I wouldn't feel comfortable buying from anywhere other than an actual independent/main dealership or privately from someone's home - and even then I'd probably prefer to pay that little bit extra and get it from a dealer.

I'd be giving this one a miss to be honest.

3. nally

nally MPG the new BPH

i second that you will find one from a dealer for that. keep looking took me 9 months to find mine ( a3 not s3 )

4. Ads

Ads License to drive

By the way, a quick google brings up this:

BGW Car Scouts Ltd
    4 Newcombe Drive
    Arnold
    Nottingham
    Nottinghamshire
    NG5 6RX

On the positive side it looks as though he has set himself up as a motor dealer and isn't trying to pull a fast one with the taxman. He's been trading since 2008 and has filed two years worth of accounts.

Maybe he is a good one amongst a bad bunch.

5. Ads

Ads License to drive

6. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

TBH some traders sell from there houses, cuts done overheads, just do some online research of said trader & do all the hpi etc checks neccessary unless he has a verified hpi check from 1 of the well known companies you can verify yourself with.