S3 (BAM) Turbo replacment.

Depresion

Reaction score
Hello, my first post and sorry it's not a good one.

The K04 bolted to the back of my S3 BAM engine has stoped functioning as a turbo and now resembles more of an oil pump so I could do with changing it soon (Ok very soon:jester:) and I'm left with the dilema of swapping it out for a new or recon K04 or posibly putting somthing else in there that may spool up quicker or be a bit cheaper than stock or better yet both of the above. Now tipicly it all happend last friday and the guarage where it's at is closed till the new year so I'm not sure what K04 it is (20/23). So remembering I'm not realy after laods of extra power (I don't need more than 280-300bhp) but I would like low down boost and plenty of reliability are there any definitive recomendations?

not being funny, but a turbo that's cheaper, and spools up quicker than a K04 is not going to make you 280-300hp. In fact, I'd doubt it would even make your original 225.

Indeed it is, not that it puts out much without a turbo. Thankfully I have the Ibiza to fall back on.

A fiver :laugh: well it was worth a go. looking through the sale history from about £100 to about £300.