1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s3 bailey dump valve

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by mike182, Jul 12, 2008.

1. mike182

mike182 New Member

Hi guys just bought a baileys dv30 re-circ for my s3 and the guy i bought it from said when fitting it goes in horizontal :i.e vacuum pipe now paralell with strut brace..?????..interchangeable piece goes to the maf...the standard dv was fitted the other way when looking at it,now the writing of bailey on the dv is facing downwards..????any ideas...

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. HODD

HODD Member

I have put my baileys on the same way the old one came off, as in the little hose is pointing upwards.

4. mike182

mike182 New Member

i did first but was told that was wrong as the air being released would be going back into the turbo and not the air box..???

5. HODD

HODD Member

Well all I can say is thats how it is on this s3 and my first s3, lets make sure we are understanding each other..... if you was looking from an overhead shot you can see all the little allen key bolts that hold it together and the small 5mm hose is coming out of the top, thats how i've had mine fitted, if in doubt call bailey motorsport.

6. mike182

mike182 New Member

Thanks mate i thought it was wrong how the other guy told me how to fit it,i coudn't understand how the set up would have been diffrent from the way that audi have done it...

7. danotto

danotto VAG HUNTER

mines fitted the same as hodd,plastic vacuum pipe ot the top.