S3 badge or no S3 badge?

isimpoi

Reaction score
So just fitted my RS3 Grill to my S3 and just not 100% sure on it. Keep thinking it would look better with the S3 badge fitted but not 100%. Wanted other's opinions whether to try and fit the old S3 badge or keep it as it is.

Also is there S3 badges you can buy for the RS3 grill or just need to try and bodge the current one on?

With Badge Position 1:

With Badge Position 2:

Without:

Thoughts?

I like the S3 badge (if it is an S3 - hate badge 'upgrades'). I think I'd try to fit it exactly where the RS3 badge would have been located though. Is it a Xenons grille?

Reactions: isimpoi
Yea it is an S3 haha, not rep. Got an RS3 badge which fits perfect but as you say, don't want to pretend to be something I'm not. Think it is a Xenons grill

Looking at the Xenonz website, should be able to fit the S3 badge in roughly the same place as the RS3 badge. Not sure how it could be clipped in place though - maybe just grind off any clips on the back of the S3 badge and bond it on with Sikaflex/TigerSeal etc.

S372445991682402034 p4 i1 w640

Looking at the Xenonz website, should be able to fit the S3 badge in roughly the same place as the RS3 badge. Not sure how it could be clipped in place though - maybe just grind off any clips on the back of the S3 badge and bond it on with Sikaflex/TigerSeal etc.

View attachment 60679
Yea, will just need to look into how to stick the badge on which is the hard part. Did try using a tie wrap but it pulled on it too hard and wouldn't sit flush with grill. Might try some sort of bonding agent or there was other badges on ebay that might work:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251950289702?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Position 1. Keep the badge. Represent :D

Yeah, I like position 1, just perhaps to the right a bit, centered between the 4 rings and the outer ring.

Fitted my RS3 grill last weekend. Had this exact same problem to overcome. I used my original audi badge and just stuck it on with Sellotape "sticky fixers" and its stuck solid would you believe. I have undertaken some "road tests" and it remains stuck on! One thing though...the positions you have went for dont look right. I spent a lot of time looking at the original grill and badge, and went for below position instead..

Oh and good choice with the chrome rings also, black rings on a black grill is black overload IMO and just looks rubbish.

The bottom of the S3 badge should be on the same level as the bottom of the Audi rings, with the letter S directly above the left corner of the number plate

item_2549854_963.jpg

He has a shorter plate so would be too far in if lined up with plate.
I think position 1 but over to the right by a letter and down so it's inline with the chrome rings.

That looks good like that. Like it without the plate. Did you use a sticker plate?

The grill is OEM so it has the OEM RS3 emblem. I cut the RS3 emblem on the right side to match the S3 emblem and then just traded the S3 for the RS3. I use the toe hook plate if needed.

I did the same, removed the RS3 badge, trimmed it down and fitted the 'S3' badge the the plastic and then applied to the grill..