S3 back to stay.now lets play!

wightman

Reaction score
Alright all, not posted on here for a while.... i'll cut a long story short i have been looking for a supra manual tt for over 2 months now, with me needing to sell my S3, with no joy.

Now everyday ive been thinking i'll mist my S3 when if she goes, and how much potential it has to be really good handling car with a bit of power to.
All my mates have jap cars skylines mrs'2 but one of them was going on about his integra type r which he let me drive and i drove his, (dc2 mk) and how good it handles, so on a short (10mile) journey we went out with my S3 been std (210bhp) with eibach (spelling?) springs, we where off on a road which has lots of roundabouts and bends in (aka the race way) its a really good test for a little play:whistle2: . and he was also going on about how light his intagra is and how fat my S3 is. (sorry going on a bit now) to cut it short i was glued on his *** all the way.:blackrs4: . good.

now the main point of my post lol:tapedshut:

after reading ESS three's performance stickies i think im going to start modding.

If im going to start i dont know where, so opinions please.;)
but here is a list of what i think will make a nice little runner.

* ARB (neuspeed) 22mm front and 19mm rear. COST???
* 4 degrees toe in at the front.
* Already got the eibach springs (which gives a '- camber')
* Awesome gti remap £375
* Front mount intercooler choices?? cost?? performance??
* Induction kit (which i know most peeps will say they dont do anything or not much, but i like the noise ):whistle2:
* And ive already see the posts about the miltech zorst is it? dont know but i do know its very expensive . so i know a really good local bespoke zorst manufacture (and i know about the 2 lamda sensors) who will knock me a system from the dowunpipe back 2.3/4" for £550 to my needs (sound / looks)

So thats the main interal works as i also want to do alot more to the looks but thats another post.:blahblah1:

so any coments would be welcome.

cheers

chris.

Ive an induction kit in the fs section mate.

what about doing just the rear with an R32 one? £150 ish iirc

I don't know much about the other stuff but I think i'm right (could be wrong) in saying that you should go for a BMC Carbon Induction Kit + Cold Air Feed or else you could descrease performance.
I say BMC because apparently it's one of the best? Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Think i might pay a vist this weekend to DPM any discount for forum lads?

wightman said:
Think i might pay a vist this weekend to DPM any discount for forum lads?

Id 110% recommend DPM, will definetly be purchasing from him again in the very near future!
Cheers
Ash

well looks like im on my way on sat morning booked in for a remap.and maybe something else ..........

i just got the r32 arbs from vagparts and they were only £200

wightman said:
* 4 degrees toe in at the front.

chris.

Ooh no Chris...you don't want 4 degrees of toe in...it'll be undrivable.
4 minutes, I think you mean.

Also I found toe out works better than toe in...it helps add some feel to the normally numb steering.

With 4 minutes total toe out you'll wear the inner edges (when combined with negative camber) if you do lots of long motorway miles.

4 minutes toe out if great for ultimate handling if you drive it hard...if you do lots of miles maybe go for 2 minutes total toe out (1 per side) as you'll save a bit on tyre wear and not suffer too much with the feel/grip.

I did 7000 miles or so per year and a lot of those on backroads where you were scrubbing the outside edges anyway...so my tyre wear was pretty equal with the 4 minutes total toe out.