1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 at night under streetlamp

subby Dec 12, 2009

1. subby

subby Member

Hi,

Got so many normal day photos of the S3, i decided to try something else.

I think it came out ok but has a bit of camera shake (was expected with 6s s/s - was a tad windy on a flimsy tripod)

[​IMG]

Also a bit random, but some interesting photos from the most recent goodwood revival:

http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f376/Sub28/

Cheers

Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
  2. Scott134

Scott134 Member

I like it. Nice moody shot! It's good to try different things and I know what you mean about having lots of similar shots! I've not had a chance to get out and shoot my A3 since buying it a few weeks ago, so hoping to do that this weekend and will post the pics.

Just as a suggestion, if you can keep the camera still enough on your tripod, try a very small aperture to give the headlights that 'star' look.

3. subby

subby Member

thanks, will try that ! Need to get a better tripod though as mine is just a cheapo one that does move alot.

4. A3Tom

A3Tom Smell my finger.

I tend to shoot from low positions when shooting cars so the camera doesnt have to be that high. Grab a sturdy box or something to sit your camera on till there's a few pennies for a chunkier tripod.

Nice pic, and I agree about the aperture too :)

5. subby

subby Member

yea problem was that with a lower aperture you obviously have to have a very long s/s and it was a bit too windy for that.

Yea i think lower down would have looked much better.

6. chris1988brown

chris1988brown Member

very nice shot m8, ive just got a nikon d40 dslr n lookin to get into photography hope i can get some nice shots like tha

7. N8

N8 Kowalski Details VCDS Map User

:wub:

8. CHRIS555

CHRIS555 DOPE with added OCD

Nice one mate - I'm gonna try something similar when the rain stops!

9. Steve_T

Steve_T 6th gear!

i tried something simular the other night

[​IMG]

But i need a remote flash and softbox to try and bring back the detail in the side of the car.

Steve