S3 ARBs/ALK/Suspension

Boydie

S3 8V DSG
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.reallymeansounds.com
Guys

Probably a thread done to death but what is the general opinions regarding ARBs/ALK/Suspension mods

I had a Revo 2+ 8P S3 with 360bhp and suspension mods like the above

Does the 8V benefit, with regards to understeer, with these mods?

Any other easy OEM mods/retro fits that would be good to do?

Welcome across to the light Boydie! I made the jump in May 2015, haven't looked back.

I fitted Eibach Sportline springs, which have greatly improved understeer, turn-in and the infamous "bounce" of the 8V S3 on uneven fast corners. I'm led to believe that ARBs are a must as well but so far I've done without. Interestingly, fitting my lightweight 19s helped a lot too, but that's also due to the impressive Conti CSC6s I'm sure...

EDIT:
Also definitely chuck in the 034 Motorsport dogbone mount insert, and CTS or Turbo Technics inlet elbow...

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Boydie
Great info mate thanks - havent crossed yet, hopefully next weekend but just wanting to do the ground work!
Keep us posted! Oh and mine is making silly power with an MTM Cantronic and some bolt-ons, real potential in these!

Reactions: Rob2k68
I have Eibach Sportlines and also Eibach ARBs all round - these made as much difference again as fitting the springs but a lot of people are saying that the front ARB is a nice to have it's the rear ARB that helps correct under steer.

I have a CTS inlet and Revo silicon hose for sale £120 posted within U.K. If interested (shameless plug LoL).