1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 Alloy offset - Will these fit ?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Wilonso, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Wilonso

Wilonso Member

Hi guys,

I know this question has probably been asked numerous times but i could not find anything through the searches.

I have a friend with an S3 who wants to swap his S3 wheels below:

[​IMG]

He wants to swap them with my wheels the RS style below:

[​IMG]

If i am not mistaken my wheels are 8.5 or 8.0 ET45 However i have no idea what the width or ET the S3 the wheels above are ?

I am planning on dropping my car 50mm (Sline suspension) and spacing it out 10mm Would encounter any rubbing issues ?

Thanks in advance

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. Boydie

Boydie Boycie
    VCDS Map User

Should be ok. S3 offset is ET45-55 taking it to ET35 may have some issues so I would get a stretched tyre and remove the rear bumper screw at 2 o'clock if you are facing the arch.

Think up to 9" wide is accepted.

4. MartayMcFly

MartayMcFly Booooooost
    Regional Rep VCDS Map User Gold Supporter

S3 wheels are 7.5" wide, and ET54 or 56 (don't remember which is pre-facelift and which is post) but either way they'll fit. Assuming you have an A3/S3, any wheel that fits your car will fit his car the same and vice-versa.

Use Wheel Offset Calculator to figure out what spacers you need to get the same fitment for each wheel.

5. Wilonso

Wilonso Member

6. N8

N8 Kowalski Details
    VCDS Map User

Depends whether he goes genuine or aftermarket and what the sizes are.

7. Wilonso

Wilonso Member

Both are OEM wheels, Both cars are 2010, Mine is the A3 with the the above style rims, His is the S3 with the anthracite rims, He isnt planning on doing anything to the car where as i plan to drop it 50mm and space it out 10mm

8. N8

N8 Kowalski Details
    VCDS Map User

What sizes/offsets etc are the other wheels do you know? If they are S3 then of course they'll fit.

9. MartayMcFly

MartayMcFly Booooooost

Why do you plan to space it out 10mm before knowing the width and offset of the wheels? Seems a bit of an odd time in the process to make that decision.

A lot of S3s run 10mm front and 12mm rear spacers though (without any rubbing when I put my H&R springs on with stock wheels).

Terrible photo, but you can see how S3 wheels sit at ET46 front and ET44 rear -
    [​IMG]

10. Wilonso

Wilonso Member

Thats a good point! I just always had it set in my head that i would need to space them out. No idea what ET the other wheels are but they are OEM S3 alloys so they will presumably be 7.5 I have seen ET33, 42, 54, 56 all listed so i have no idea.

But as long as there are no issues with rubbing once dropped then i have no problem swapping them.

Would you suggest going with a 215 tyre ? and removing the arch screw just as a precautionary measure ?

Please do feel free to educate me if nothing i say is making any sense ?

11. MartayMcFly

MartayMcFly Booooooost

Mine only rubbed on the rear when 5 up, and 2 of the 5 were ~100kg each. Unless you're going very low, or very wide, a 225 will work fine.

12. Wilonso

Wilonso Member