S3 - alignment

julians

Reaction score
Does anyone have a copy of the wheel alignment figures for a stock S3, specifically I'm looking to find out what the toe, camber, castor is for both front and rear sets of wheels.

No i havent , but when i had my springs put on, the fitter did say we would need tie bars on the rear to change settings!

p

Cheers , do I take it from that the stock rear tie bars are not adjustable?

Guess if no-one knows, I'll have to get it measured.

I'd have thought this info would be published somewhere, as any tyre fitting place will need to know it.

Has anyone had their S3 4 wheel aligned ? Would be interesting to know how well they come set up out of the factory - know a few manufactors that cars come off the production line with widely different alignment settings.

Richard

I didn't had mine aligned yet but I think mine must be right... even tire wear, neutral handling... so can't be too wrong.

I am sure if we put 2 S3 in the laser alignement jig they will be different just because there is an acceped variation on the settings.

The proper place to align your car is in a race shop! I wish I knew one... there they will for sure make it as accurate as possible!

Pedro

I will be getting mine aligned in a few weeks , give my springs time to bed in.

As i said the rears are not adjustible ( camber , toe , caster ) without tie bars.

Think i may just go to Awesome or somewhere , not sure if it's worth paying race shop prices as the rears can't be touched.

p

Let us know what they find the settings to be before they adjust them, although I guess it will have moved with the shorter springs.

I suspect they are set up from the factory with a bit of toe in, or no toe at all. I suspect a bit of toe out should make turn in feel a bit sharper, but I could do with seeing what the settings are supposed to be from the factory before I ****** about with it.

yes. increased toe out makes turning in more effective but makes the car less stable in a straight line....

I know a little bit about this settings (toe, caster, camber, etc) because of my kart racing background. I use laser alignment on my kart and even half a degree makes a big difference on handling. Not so much in a car I assume because of rubber bushes, etc, etc that isolate the chassis a little bit.

Pedro