1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 Alarm Query

*P3nfold* Jan 16, 2013

1. *P3nfold*

*P3nfold* Member

Hi all,

I was just wondering, do you get a certificate for the Audi alarm? My insurance company is asking me for one. I thought this was standard from the factory as a CAT1?

2. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Just tell them they are factory Cat1 as standard.

3. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

No... they should know what the factory alarm is... as far as I am aware they are not cat 1 but cat 2 but your insurance company 'should' be able to confirm... if you said it was cat 1 then that maybe why they are asking as I believe they can be 'made' cat 1 somehow but I believe thats through third party add ons...

<tuffty/>

4. *P3nfold*

*P3nfold* Member

They want a cert jojo! Thats my beef with the Brent-ache.

5. *P3nfold*

*P3nfold* Member

I guess the only real way is to contact Audi? Cat 2 does make alot more sense.

6. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Cert?!, What CERT?!?!, it's a factory alarm FFS! All cars built after 1997 in Europe has to have Cat2 minimum I think? Which is basically a transponder immobiliser! If there are additional things like alarm siren which is battery backed up, then it's pretty much a Cat1 upgrade.

Unless they are specifically after an aftermarket Cat1 alarm?

7. *P3nfold*

*P3nfold* Member

Good point, I will ask the question.