S3 aftermarket exhausts compilation

Not heard the system yet but by the sound of it ill be fitting resonated section if i ever go for the full system

Reactions: Fiddie
Mine is the new mid range, with the db increase mid way between the res and non res. Lovely deep note with the valves closed, not too loud but a much nicer tone, easy to live with, not intrusive. Pretty full on with the valves open, the non res must be hilarious :tonguewink:

I'd be really interested to hear this, I actually think the non res sounds a little too fake on the 2.0. I had it on a 3.2 and it was a glorious low rumble and earth shattering rasp when flooring it. However it doesn't sound so sweet in the vids I've seen, but then again I've not heard it in person!

I'll be getting into Awesome for a milltek and a set of billies when the new car arrives in July!

Agree that a four is always going to be a poor relation compared to more pots, will try to get around to posting a video, just need to find a volunteer to hold the camera......

Agree that a four is always going to be a poor relation compared to more pots, will try to get around to posting a video, just need to find a volunteer to hold the camera......
Im that one you're looking for.

It's a pity im too far from uk :(

Reactions: Steph67
@Steph67 if you are ever up my way I will happily hold camera for ya..heck I will even do the camerawork for you..I have a go pro and DSLR. :thumbup: I just really want to see the lows and hear the noise!! :) #ASNguineapig

Cheers Andy, I'm rarely further north than my fortnightly trip to our Perth office, but if I'm ever in your neck of the woods I'll definitely give you a shout. :racer:

Reactions: AndyB-S3
Soon as my go pro comes i'll get a video uploaded, hopefully can get some decent sound too

Reactions: AndyB-S3 and Fiddie
One question. Does the stock exhaust break down into parts? Can you pop it back in the car after fitting the milltek? I ask this because with the TT exhaust it was one piece and I had to get it couriered back from awesome GTi.

One question. Does the stock exhaust break down into parts? Can you pop it back in the car after fitting the milltek? I ask this because with the TT exhaust it was one piece and I had to get it couriered back from awesome GTi.
One piece as well ;)

Reactions: naughts4187

Yeah, one piece, but it does fit in the back of the hatch with the rear seats down, albeit you'll need to tip the passenger seat forward. Mine's now in the loft, hiding from the other half.... :positive:

Reactions: Zak0123, illingworth22, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Yeah, one piece, but it does fit in the back of the hatch with the rear seats down, albeit you'll need to tip the passenger seat forward. Mine's now in the loft, hiding from the other half.... :positive:
haha...sorry this did make me laugh...I've got a few black bin liners knocking about in cupboards the wife doesn't go in often :)

Found this during a random browse on YT. Seems to make a decent noise. No idea how easy they are to get hold of or price but in case it's of any interest to one of you young guns ;)

Pretty sure that is just a stock exhaust? Happily be corrected though!?.. :)

Think they're produced by Eisenmann, looks aftermarket on the website from the bits I've translated, but hey you could write what I know about exhaust systems on a postage stamp so you may well be right!! :)

It doesn't sound stock to me though........

Another one found...

Audi S3 8V with HMS Performance valved exhaust system

Sweeeeet!

Reactions: kikin, Steph67 and PanamaS3
Another one...

IPE valvetronic

20150610_211717.jpg

20150610_211850.jpg

IMG-20150611-WA0007.jpg

20150611_184736.jpg

Source:

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/655118-IPE-valvetronic-catback-installed-on-my-S3

:) great catback and loving it till now.

More pics

Reactions: EddBrz, Wondering Soul and Fiddie
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but does changing the exhaust system invalidate the warranty and in turn the PCP terms?

has anyone fitted the CTS 3.5" down pipe yet ?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but does changing the exhaust system invalidate the warranty and in turn the PCP terms?
I ask my dealer and told me it doesnt. Told that it only affects to exhuaust system warranty.

Reactions: EddBrz
More pics

Looks and sounds actualy amazing! i was thinking about getting the armytrix but i changed my mind lol ipe sounds awesome and its not that expensive as well! I wonder how would it sound with stage 1 abt , also do you get that cracking noises when downshifting like you get in rs3- a45amg(if you heard how these models sounds before)?

I know it's a custom exhaust so it's sort of breaking the rules, but I thought this sounded quite good! And I'm not usually a fan of "loud" exhausts lol

Reactions: PacMan88 and Fiddie
I've got the Miltek half res cat back, pleasantly surprised with the lack of drone.

Looks and sounds actualy amazing! i was thinking about getting the armytrix but i changed my mind lol ipe sounds awesome and its not that expensive as well! I wonder how would it sound with stage 1 abt , also do you get that cracking noises when downshifting like you get in rs3- a45amg(if you heard how these models sounds before)?
Yeah friend has an A45 and it crackles and pops like crazy (love it)
You will get that with a full TBE. I only have the catback

armytrix exhaust on my S3 - installed catback only for now as i'm waiting for apr stage 2 map for aussie spec

talking to bcs atm to order their rhd catted dp, but hope it doesn't change the exhaust note

rude crackle with valves open. dsg farts when closed

tbh this car would be pretty boring without it

big fan of the crackle trend, adds some theatre to having to navigate around our draconian speed limits. have on order the king of crackle and pop, an f-type v8 coupe lol

SAM_1014_zpsdgj8xyad.jpg

SAM_0983_zpsgr4ifm5k.jpg

SAM_0986_zps2jhnfu7o.jpg

SAM_0954_zpsevmts5ad.jpg

SAM_0957_zpsfzm9lt9i.jpg

SAM_0990_zpswpq9b112.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Simon L, Dandanfings, AndyB-S3 and 2 others
I met up with my old TTS last week which had a Scorpion fitted.......

My S3 tail pipes look like Cr4p and the TTS pipes still look like new! Way better quality Steel I am told.