S3 advice

JustCharlie

Reaction score
Having recently had a bit of a moment in my 57 plate GTi Edition 30, which wrote it off, I'm in the market for a new motor. Having had an original S3 before, and really liking the Tfsi engine in the golf I'm thinking the new S3 may be the way to go.
The Ed30 was played with a bit, APR fuel pump, map, milltek TBE, carbonio, forge DV, coilovers, anti-roll bars, 19" BBS CH's, and made 316bhp and 348 ft/lbs of torque, but traction was an issue so again the S3 maybe the solution.
Lookin for a bit advice, what to look for and what extras are available
cheers
Gary

The audi web site list all the options, favs seem to be the bucket seats and the now standard flat bottom sterring wheel . Plently of other options to choose from as well.

Did you manage to remove the extras from your golf before it getts commited to the scrap yard - should be able to get some money for them that way - better than the scrappy selling them on !

Richard

most of the bits were wrecked pal, will post some pictures when I work out how:blush:

At least you're ok!
S3 is a great car - it won't dissapoint.
There's quite a few threads on favourite topns for the S3 if you enter a couple of searches using the search fundtion at the top of the page.

If I was to order another one with money no object I would go for:
Flat Bottom Wheel (now standard)
Buckets
Interior light pack
Symphony CD
Bose
Folding Mirrors
Sunband on windscreen
Ipod - though this sucks in terms of functionality, but is handy to have
Bluetooth handsfree

Don't think I'd need anything else!!!

Hope that helps!

Before:

Picture018.jpg

Picture007-1.jpg

Picture017.jpg

After oops

Image018.jpg

Image007.jpg

Image017.jpg

Image011.jpg

Image016.jpg

Just about comin to terms with it and it happened 2 weeks ago

Oh not good - as long as your ok - bits of metal can be replaced - bones are a bit harder to replace !
Jamiekips list is about right - personally would add sunroof to that as well !

Richard

What a shame.

I hope you had a GAP policy. You lost much on the mods? Any salvagable?

I think you'll love the S3. Get a new one with the revised engine and be sure to order Bucket seats...you'll regret it if you don't.

yes had gap but hopefully won't need it as the car was only 8 months old so the insurance pay out full invoice.
revised engine? what were the revisions and when were they made,

thanx for the replies and help:icon_thumright:

That looks a bit brutal, you must have been a bit shaken by that. What actually happened?

Its really sad to see nice cars in such a state :( Glad you walked away!!

country lanes, late at night, came round blind corner to find a car waiting to turn right, hit him, my back end swung into the on-coming traffic and got hit by a citroen, knocking me back where i came from.
just lucky no-one was hurt and i still feel a bit foolish:slapped:

Sheeeesh - that is pretty bad.
Glad you're OK dude - let us know what you go for on your order ;)