1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 actuator needed!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Vwdan80, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Vwdan80

Vwdan80 Member

Hey all, went to badger 5 this weekend to have a stage one done only to find that my car was down on power :(
    Bill and tufty went over the engine and believe it could be a weak actuator, does anyone know where I can get another actuator from? I'm struggling to find one on its own without a turbo.

Many thanks to Bill and tufty, they are both very knowledgeable guys and I'd highly recommend them!
  2. ci-ryder

ci-ryder Member

Not to turn this into a for sale ad but I will be selling my forge actuator if you want to upgrade from a stock one.

If you are looking for new, stores like Awesome GTI sell forge ones.
  3. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition Staff Member Moderator

4. Vwdan80

Vwdan80 Member

Rang a few turbo people near me but didn't sell separate bits, I'll give cr turbo a bell soon.
    That actuator on eBay must have only just gone on there, might be worth a go for the price.
    I didn't think the forge actuators were much good, plus ain't they 1 bar rated, not sure if that's any good or not?
  5. <tuffty/>

Currently Forge actuators have very short travel and the plastic bush can get sticky giving erratic boost control... an OEM one would be my preference...

Std rating for a k04 actuator is 0.5bar... I would be looking for one rated at this... std boost on an S3 is 0.8bar... too high an actuator rating on a small turbo will make the boost control difficult...

<tuffty/>
  6. Customboy

Customboy Member

7. <tuffty/>

Thread skim read fail :)

Won't fit sadly... bracket is different, and k0x OEM actuators are fixed to the brackets... :(

<tuffty/>
  8. beachbuggy

beachbuggy Active Member

I have one literally kicking around at home.. I believe it's good, came off a working K04.. it's stock. Pm if you're interested.
  9. Vwdan80

Vwdan80 Member

Thanks for the help and offers beechbuggy and Bob but I've managed to get the eBay one for £25 delivered which is worth a go, so fingers crossed it works and helps with my boost issues!