S3/A3 Sat nav help

s3shabs

Reaction score
Hi guys..I have a question, I wanted to put sat nav into my s3. There seem to be som many out there, with people claiming that sat nav systems from othr audi models will fit. Please could anybody guide me to which exact sat nav system i would need to fit into the S3 (facelift) console.
I have been told that the s3 sat nav would need to have rounded top edges?
Im really confused as I have access to 2 units. One cd navi for the A6, and one dvd navi for the A8, which they are claiming to be able to fit to an s3???
its all confusing me. It would help if anybody could post up compatible part numbers..
please help.
kind regards

I don't think either the A6 or A8 units will be a direct fit, they will need the front panels changing or cutting. The A3 unit wil fit obviously, and I think the A4 unit will also fit if thats any help?

Thanks.I do plan to change the console housing as the sat nav needs the double din slot..

unfortunatlely is not as simple as just finding one that fits the hole either.

If you're going for the RNS-D, cd based, then you may as well source an 8L version.

If you're wanting the RNS-E, DVD based, then you'll need not only one that'll fit in the console without too much facia modification, but one that also accepts the speed signal as a GALA input. From reading on here, the early A6 RNS-E works well as it has both GALA and CAN inputs, and require minimal faceplate modication too.

The CD based unit - 8L0 035 192 D Specifically for A3/S3 8L