S3/A3 Quattro coilovers?

Ivo

Reaction score
What are the most comfortable coilovers?
Car is a daily driver and I want it a little lower and as comfortable ride as possible.

What's wring with standard s3 setup ?

Its too wobbly... and most likely tired...

If you are not looking to lower too much then Bilstien B8 dampers and Apex -30mm springs give a great ride and gets rid of the lurching through corners the std dampers...

Its the setup I am using and looks a bit like this...
IMAG0540-1.jpg

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Tj 0785
If you want adjust-ability I have AP coilovers and the handle amazingly well, however the ride is noticeably firmer.

One thing to take into consideration which may not be an issue for you but it caused me no end of trouble is speed humps. I ended up taking my coilovers off after forever scraping and hitting the stupid things even with ride height at max. Ended up fitting Koni STR.t shocks with -25mm springs which is much better for me.

Steve

Its too wobbly... and most likely tired...

If you are not looking to lower too much then Bilstien B8 dampers and Apex -30mm springs give a great ride and gets rid of the lurching through corners the std dampers...

Its the setup I am using and looks a bit like this...
IMAG0540-1.jpg

<tuffty/>

Your car is looking really good. I am looking for this kind of lowering. However I have Eibach -30mm springs on stock dampers and it is not as low as yours. I wonder if Bilsteins B8 lower the car additionally combined with the springs.....

iirc damian at DPM had a blinding deal on weitec coils for the 8L. I thought they were awesome on my golf.

AP coilovers are quite comfortable but not durable. For a little more you could bag yourself a set of BC racing coilovers. Which have suited me well for over two years.