1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 8P2 (57) Xenon Bulb help

Jules86 Jun 5, 2013

1. Jules86

Jules86 At work most likely

Hi all

I have been having an issue with the myriad of info about the bulbs for my car. Now I have had the right bulb die, so need to replace it. I put my reg into halfords, it told me to buy a DS1 xenon bulb; which I did. I pulled the bulb out and it looked completely different and has DS3 (iirc) on the large back silver part. They looked completely different. (drivers side just for info)

I read on the forum that my car should be DS1, but clearly it is not :think:

So, I am after some help.

I now have a bulb I can't return (which is annoying, gone past 2 weeks) and need to buy a new bulb to replace the dead one (or maybe I don't?)

Hoping someone can help me.

Not driving my car at night is a pain! I've used search, I have used google. Most results are 8L on google, or 8P3 on here.

2. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

It is definitely a D1S bulb, so someone has put the wrong one in place, as long as you still have the 06-08 front end & headlight fitted, then the D1S should fit fine.

3. Jules86

I will have another look when I am home and put some pics up if necessary for you

Thanks so much, if this is true I have the bulb!

Will update later.

4. Jules86

Good news is you are right

Bad news is I have a D2S bulb

D'oh

So need to sell that and purchase a DS1

Halfords are idiots! How bad is that?!

*edit - Just called halfords; they are swapping it for me due to their error and updating the site :)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013