S3 8P Xenon dipped beam seems low

ADi Nuff Valves

Reaction score
Website
www.moodysky.co.uk
The xenons on my S3 seem to point really low down. When I start the car and switch the lights on they go through the diagnostics where the beam goes up and down and then settles. They just seem a bit low. I know the level is controlled from sensors on the suspension but is there anything I can check to make sure all is as it should be? VAGCOM shows no errors.

Thanks

I take it that it pssed it's last MOT; if so it would have been picked up that the lights were set up outside of acceptable range.

Is the car lowered at all. I appreciate they are self levelling based on suspension set up, but have no idea if they recalibrate for cars with suspension mods.

Worst case scenario, some Audi dealers are doing winter checks for £9.99 (Ridgeway Group are), so you could always pay the tenner and ask them to check it at same time.

lowering affects this as mine are also too low since lowering the car!

Do you know how you recalibrate after lowering as I'm soon to be putting on Eibach Pro front springs which lowers front of car, not rear. Is it a mechanical adjustment using the rods, or a VAGCOM adjustment?

Last edited:
also if its just a little lower and the levelling motor is working you could just adjust the headlights manually using the screws a the top of the headlight and just raise it a little to your liking

Car is on standard suspension as far as i'm aware. Last MOT was fine. It's a shame my nearest Audi dealer is a bit of a way away. VW may do the same checks though I guess and they're a bit closer.

Well the car was in for a few other issues and asked them to look at the lights. Apparently they were a bit low so have been adjusted. Can't wait to get it back to see if I can actually see where i'm driving at night!

Hi ,i had the same problem after lowering the car ,had to drive at 60mph all the way to Scotland from Cumbria in the dark ,could hardly ****** see a thing lol

Didn't really notice mine were any lower until it was recently put back standard after 2 and a half years and my God the lights are high now lol