S3 8P RNS-E Haunted?

JayHa11

Reaction score
Hi all

Firstly I hope everybody had a great Christmas!

Hoping I am posting in the right area to get some help :)

Ive had my S3 for over a year now and it came with the RNS-E which was installed by the previous owner. Everything works fine apart from the telephone sync but I have never had the desire to sync it up and get it working.

Over the last few weeks though something very strange has been happening. I have searched but cannot find anything that seems to reference the issue I have been having.

Well down to the problem itself. When I start the car up and the RNS-E fires up my speedo computer changes without me depressing the scroll button, every time it switches to the 'compass mode' you would normally have if you were utilising the sat-nav.

As I have no route planned in it only shows the heading at the top and no actual directions for the roads. I have tried re-setting the RNS-E but this doesn't help. I have noticed that if I its very short between the last time I used the car and then unlocked and started it sometimes doesn't switch over by itself but over night it happens every time. Could this be a sign the battery is on the way out?

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks guys!

Might be worth seeing if you could get a hold off a friends and plumb it in and see if same problem occurs , or remove unit and check all wiring in quadlock is in the pins but worth getting it autoscan to see which faults are there as this will help narrow it down a bit as wiring is a nightmare to work out

All sorted guys! Turns out there was a duplicate Sat-Nav instalation on one of my MD cards and it was conflicting with the CD. Removed the files and everything is as it should be now. Thanks for replies though