S3 8P Full Lock Issue

Sam1987

Reaction score
Got in my car this morning (s3/8p) and went to 3 point turn to head to work.

Turned the steering wheel to full right with no problems, as i started to move i felt a notchy/thump noise (it almost felt like the wheels sticking or slipping), continued to complete the turn and it did this 3/4 times, as i came to the middle to turn the other way, again turned steering wheel full left and felt the same notchy feeling as i reversed.

Ive recently changed my rear brake pads, and i have spacers fitted (12mm front, 15mm rear) but couldnt see any obvious obstructions to the fronts.

Once up to normal speed didnt notice anything on corners etc. but obviously not really at full lock then either.

ive tried to recreate the noise and couldnt do it on the way home, doesnt feel right but it seems to be intermittent.

any ideas as to how i can figure out the problem?

Last edited:
I also get this also but Im wondering if its the front diff trying to turn both wheels at the same speed and due to the turning circle difference one has to slip hence the feeling of a wheel jarring.. I put it down to the camber i run at the front and havent thought much of it. Never been a problem on the move..