S3 8P DSG - looking for power advice

LeeRMR

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I'm very new to the world of Audi's and have recently bought an S3 DSG.
Coming from a 500bhp Subaru, the car does feel a little sluggish - however the DSG and general day-to-day drivability of the car is certainly a joy!

When purchasing the next car - I looked at the tuning options for each car and opted for the S3 both on looks and the options available for it.

Now - as it's my daily car - I don't want stupid power, I don't want to risk reliability but I do want the car to perform when on country lanes or the occasional trackday that I'll do when the racecar is being stripped / broken / etc.

So far - I have been reading about doing the following:

Loba HPFP
Revo CAI
Revo Stage 2+ remap or APR Stage 2+
DSG remap

I understand that Revo haven't released yet the DSG flash, however will I lose the drivability or put the gearbox under due stress without the flash? I assume the torque limiting factor could cause some problems at 350bhp+ ?

My question is:

Which FMIC is recommended for the above application?
Likewise, would a Miltek hi-flow sports cat down pipe / de-resonated backbox be sufficient or is a de-cat required? I have friendly MOT stations nearby, but it's always the fear of being pulled / insurance etc etc

Thanks for your replies :)

Hi.

For Stg2+ you would need all of the parts you've listed and the full exhaust system.

A decat is not required until Stg3 or above.

Stg2+ would get you to around 360-370bhp.

The stock intercooler is OK for that but an uprated one from Airtec,Proalloy ,THS or APR would be ideal.

The engine is amazingly tough overall and will cope with up to 440lbs before the rods etc need doing.
Mine has been totally reliable.

The DSG box is OK for about 400lbs but after that you need a new clutch pack and up to that you would likely need a software upgrade.

Last edited:
Hello everyone

I'm very new to the world of Audi's and have recently bought an S3 DSG.
Coming from a 500bhp Subaru, the car does feel a little sluggish - however the DSG and general day-to-day drivability of the car is certainly a joy!

When purchasing the next car - I looked at the tuning options for each car and opted for the S3 both on looks and the options available for it.

Now - as it's my daily car - I don't want stupid power, I don't want to risk reliability but I do want the car to perform when on country lanes or the occasional trackday that I'll do when the racecar is being stripped / broken / etc.

So far - I have been reading about doing the following:

Loba HPFP
Revo CAI
Revo Stage 2+ remap or APR Stage 2+
DSG remap

I understand that Revo haven't released yet the DSG flash, however will I lose the drivability or put the gearbox under due stress without the flash? I assume the torque limiting factor could cause some problems at 350bhp+ ?

My question is:

Which FMIC is recommended for the above application?
Likewise, would a Miltek hi-flow sports cat down pipe / de-resonated backbox be sufficient or is a de-cat required? I have friendly MOT stations nearby, but it's always the fear of being pulled / insurance etc etc

Thanks for your replies :)

We don't yet offer DSG software on post 2008, however it is in development (on the big want list!), so hopefully won't be a million miles away.

Attachments

• End of summer sale extended.jpg
    End of summer sale extended.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 225
Please do a DSG software for us poor people constantly on debt cause all the money we spend on mods:D. :anbet:

Last edited:
Reactions: S. and Revo Steve-W