1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 8L Speaker Sizes Please

Breezey Apr 9, 2010

1. Breezey

Breezey Member

Hi guys,

Sick of searching through treads full of non related stuff, please can someone tell me what the speaker sizes are including the sub and maybe suggestions on what you are using.

Thanks

2. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Moderator

Bose all the speakers are 4", with 1" tweeters in the front doors. Non Bose the fronts are 4" and the rears and sub are 6.5". Best upgrade you can do is add a proper sub or stealth sub. Quality from the cabin speakers is severely compromised by the flimsy door cards the speakers mount to.

3. Breezey

Breezey Member

Thankyou very much thats everything i was after.

4. Breezey

Breezey Member

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  5. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Moderator

No ideally you need proper 2 way components up front, and most people go with 5.25" as you'll need adapter rings anyway. Try the 230slx deluxe. No point wasting Rainbows in the rear, just some cheaper 6.5" coxials will do as the flimsy doorcard they are screwed to will put paid to any bass you might be hoping to get from them.
    If you want decent sounds in the A3 you need to install a sub, doesn't matter what you fit in the cabin.

6. Breezey

Breezey Member

Right ok, once again thanks for your help i will look into it abit more.