S3 8L front speaker size?

monty-bob

Reaction score
i have 2001 S3 with the bose sound system. i have converted everything to aftermarket stuff apart from the front speakers. what size are the front door speakers? just looking for a easy replacement and i take it , i would have to rewire the doors also? thanks

All the speakers in the Bose system are 4". You will need adapters to go aftermarket and they allow you to fit 5.25" components, you need slim components with a 1 " tweeter.
You can pick the wiring up from the Bose amp or you will need to rewire or tap into the stock wiring behind the side trim in the footwells

thanks for the reply.

id just rewire back to headunit as it looks easy enough. where can i get these adaptors from ? any on ebay you could link me to so i buy the right ones?

also do i need the tweeters as i would just prefer a speaker hidden behind the door card? not really fussy for the tweeters

also how slim do the speakers need to be? i take it they need to be slim so they dont collide with the electric window bits

cheers

Just search eBay for Audi mdf
Yes you definitely need two way comps otherwise why bother? You won't get any improvement just upgrading the woofers as they are mounted to flimsy doorcards loosely clipped to the doors. most of the perceived improvement comes from better quality top end from better tweeters.
Depth of the woofer needs to be 58mm or less