S3 8L aux water pump direction flow

Gizmo20VT

Reaction score
Hey Peeps

I just want to confirm what the flow direction is of the aux waterpump located on our front craddle. From what I understand its pumping against the main water flow?

Im busy installing a new unit in mine, and not really sure if its right.

Yes there is, and that is pointing in the opposite direction from the turbo water feed line which AFAIK is the input line?

The outlet thats inline with the pump goes to the turbo and the one at 90 degrees to the pump comes from the housing in the hose going to the top of the rad... direction is (as Mark said) indicated on the pump...

<tuffty/>

Thank you for the feedback. I just wanted to confirm that it is correct as it doesnt make sense to me, if the flow goes with the arrow then it works against the primary water flow direction from what I understand...

Mine is marked on the housing as the picture is below, and that being the 90" goes to the radiator side. The one inline with pump goes to Turbo inlet.

184952_x800.jpg

Regardless of the direction on the pump dude the connection is correct... centre to turbo, 90 to rad... the water is is drawn through the block, turbo then through the pump to the top of the rad... this is the same direction as the normal flow as far as I am aware... coolant is circulated from top to bottom of the rad...

<tuffty/>