S3 8L Alloy Mirrors.

Richbod

Reaction score
Hi, will be picking up my S3 next week,2000 pre facelift 210 bhp model. have had 2 Mk 4 1.8T's and looking forward to upgrade, I really like the look of the polished alloy mirrors, which mine doesn't have, any idea where I can get some, and do you have to buy complete mirror, or just covers, are there aftermarket ones, or are they too cheap looking? Are the mirrors the same for pre facelift and facelift? would appreciate any help. Thanks.

£300 for genuine pair IIRC from Audi, pre/post facelift are not the same

Part numbers:

Right : 8L1 858 500 B
Left : 8L1 858 499 C

Thanks for your help, Is this the whole mirror or just covers? do you know if they're chrome or polished alloy. Seems a lot of money but as this car is genuine 1 owner 15 k = feel like treating it !!

15 mileage or 15 k pounds?

They are chrome, no mirror included.

Last edited:
Chrome only - thats a shame prefer the alloy,seen them on a facelift one- not sure it's worth the money for chrome ones ...... 15 k mileage by the way - thanks for the info

Chrome/alloy are same thing I believe. Its a Chrome Alloy material (Chrome mixed with other metals) its the only material they used - people just call them different things. Look on Ebay - might be lucky or scrapyards perhaps.. New ones are very pricey....

I hunted high and low for genuine pre-facelift ones and in the end settled on some replica's after 12 months of searching.

I would upgrade the mirrors and bases to facelift ones if I was to do it again.