S3 8l Aftermarket HU

S3Powerxz

Reaction score
Hi all. I have s3 8l 2001 AMK engine. I have bose and rns-d (which i got rid of). I bought 2DIN pioneer.
I have some questions about connecting it.
I have PC9-410 harness. The aerial amplifier and fascia.
1 -I have read that the facelift s3's are with canbus. So i can't turn on or off aftermarket HU. But when i connect it, it starts when the ignition is on and stops when i remove the key. I guess this means that i don't need to add 12v ignition switch or use a relay. The problem is that when i remove the key the HU stops, but i still can hear the speakers buzzing.
2-The speakers are poping when i turn on the ignition and HU start. Also when i remove the key it's pop again. Is it something wrong in my harness or connections?
I connect pc9-410 to the RCA on HU. Remote and aerial amp to the blue/white wire.
Also i have read that if i have more than 3 wires coming from power ISO (black) from the car i don't have to tap any wires. If so, i have 6 wires in the black ISO that is coming from the car.
I don't want the HU to drain my battery.

I'm having problems just finding out what lead I need so your one step ahead on me

But I do know you can buy a thing that stops the popping if you look on ebay you will find it