1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 84k time for Cam belt?

Pinola Aug 21, 2009

1. Pinola

Pinola Member

I have not had the S3 long and have already spent much more than I liked to but I’m thinking I need the cam belt done as I have no record of it ever being replaced. I have been looking on jabba sport site for prices I know I will need the belt changed and I will also get the water pump done anyway. What about the damper? If I have the belt and pump done its £350 but with damper it's £405 is it a must to have the damper done?

2. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Yes pretty pointless not doing it as if it fails the belt can slip and destroy your engine.

3. Nerville

Nerville New Member

on a 8L S3 can you can the damper to a normal manually adjustable pulley 16v pulley? like can be done on a MK4 VW golf 1.8T?

4. Dani_B19

Dani_B19 Audi-sports own special child.

If you have a cambelt kit fitted is the damper included? Having mine done next week.

5. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona quattro Audi S3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

If you buy the Cambelt 'kit', you should get yourself a new damper and bearing as part of the kit.

6. Pinola

Pinola Member

so dose £405 for the lot sound too much to have done

7. Pinola

Pinola Member

8. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon Manual

Labour will be quite high, as the whole front end needs to come off i believe, eg bumper etc...

I remember paying £270 for my cambelt, vee belt and waterpump change that was at Midland VW.

9. Dani_B19

Dani_B19 Audi-sports own special child.

Think im paying £250 for my inc labour and water pump but ill tell you when i get it done.
    Cool thanks jo.

10. g10chy

g10chy Member

Im looking at getting mine done also.

Audi Dealer has quoted me £329 and Awesome-GTI are asking £295

£400 seems pretty steep considering.

11. Wizza

Wizza Member

12. Pinola

Pinola Member

yeah but this is a price from the jabba-sport website not an audi dealer would have thought jabba would be cheaper than Audi
    [​IMG]

13. bantam1

bantam1 Member

yes that seems a little expensive on the face of it.