1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 (57 REG ,,APR MAP)?

Discussion in 'Awesome GTI' started by MancDave, Jul 29, 2009.

1. MancDave

MancDave Member

[Jul 29, 2009]
    H ive been reading lots of threads and most poeple it appears have gone REVO or GIAC Remap?

Ive read the full website on APR and is says and i quote:

Not only does our Stage I software give you higher peak numbers of 239kw (320 hp) and 430nm (317lb-ft.) of torque, but also gains of up to 45kw (61 hp) are available at lower rpms! This software is the ultimate upgrade for the new S3 and gives it just the extra edge these cars lack from the factory, without pushing the limits. With factory like smoothness and drivability, the new power will fill the void in an otherwise excellent car.
    All APR chip software comes with lifetime free updates. There is also a lifetime warranty against defects in the software.

Im just wondering why more people don.t use APR,, the figures are just as good if not better than REVO and or GIAC ,, obviously give or take and i understand cars and no 2 cars are identical?

Am i missing something here as im thinking of getting a REMAP done very soon and your only down the road as i live in salford?

I have been seriously contemplating REVO maybe for future upgrades and stage 2+

Have you got any Dynographs you would care to share of a remapped S3 same shape and engine as mine?

Just so i can get my head round it as its like a minefield out there:motz:

Cheers Dave
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 21, 2014]

3. AwesomeSarah

AwesomeSarah Member

[Aug 6, 2009]
    Hi Dave,

Well the first thing I’d say is that at the end of the day everyone is different. Different people want different things from their remaps and this is how there are so many different companies out on the market now. All these different maps can have a different characteristic in the drive and power delivery of the car. I won’t go into some of the main differences here, but the best thing is to have a trial remap done so you can get a feel for how the car runs on that individual map.

Some people want out right power and don’t care how it is delivered, some want more top end, some more bottom end. Some people want more of a factory drive and some something to scare them stupid and push the car as much as possible, and some are just after the biggest power figure quoted and the best bragging rights in the pub J. This is the reason why some other maps may appear more popular than others. The APR map may not be to some peoples tastes as it doesn’t give as much of a kick in the back low down, or quote the largest power figures, but in my experience, it gives one of the smoothest and cleanest power deliveries out there. It is quite similar to a standard map, just with more power across the whole of the rev range.

The other main advantage of the APR software over others is their switchability and additional programs. If you have cruise control, then you are able to have extra programs (such as a standard map, different fuel specific maps and valet mode which puts the rev limiter at 4k) and also extra features, such as fault code erase, throttle body alignment, security lock out and anti-theft. The first 2 do exactly what they say on the tin J. Security lock out allows the user to lock the ecu into a specific fuel program – which is then able to be unlocked using a 4 digit pin code, through the cruise control stalk. The anti theft option – on your car – once activated, cuts off the accelerator pedal. There is NO other tuning company that gives level of switchability with no extra boxes etc needed.

As I said before, at the end of the day, its horses for courses. Everyone is different and it becomes a case of finding the map which suites your requirements best.

If you would like any more info or have any more questions, then please feel free to ask J