S3 2002 Clutch Slipping after Remap, Help!!

mjrobbo

2nd Gear
Reaction score
Hi, Im new to this site and was wandering if anyone has any advice about clutch slipping problems after having a remap? ive been told its pretty common and need to know if a brand new standard clutch will suffice or do I need a performance clutch instead? the car has done 77,000 miles and the clutch was fine for a good 2 months after the remap so maybe it was on its way out anyway and i dont want to spend a fortune on a sachs clutch if its not totally nessessary. any advice would be a big help. thanks

2002, Audi S3​

Standard (LUK) will be fine.Ive just had mine done last week.

Ye, As said above, A new LUK clutch and maybe a new flywheel ( condition dependant ) always do the hyraulic release bearing too. ( didnt come with my LUK item and needed to be bought seperatly )

thanks for the help lads thats great, ill get a new LUK one fitted and hopefully that will sort the problem.

Ye they have no problems with the upgrade of power from a remap. As said , your clutch was probably coming to the end of its usual life span,

Ye they have no problems with the upgrade of power from a remap. As said , your clutch was probably coming to the end of its usual life span,

Your S3 is with 380hp ?! and you´re using an OEM model clutch ?