1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 2002 Clutch Slipping after Remap, Help!!

mjrobbo Dec 22, 2010

1. mjrobbo

mjrobbo 2nd Gear

Hi, Im new to this site and was wandering if anyone has any advice about clutch slipping problems after having a remap? ive been told its pretty common and need to know if a brand new standard clutch will suffice or do I need a performance clutch instead? the car has done 77,000 miles and the clutch was fine for a good 2 months after the remap so maybe it was on its way out anyway and i dont want to spend a fortune on a sachs clutch if its not totally nessessary. any advice would be a big help. thanks

2002, Audi S3 ​

2. badger5

badger5 www.badger5.co.uk Site Sponsor

std
    yours was likely just at end of its life anyway

3. handy andy

handy andy Member

Standard (LUK) will be fine.Ive just had mine done last week.

4. S3 Paul

S3 Paul Well-Known Member Regional Rep

Ye, As said above, A new LUK clutch and maybe a new flywheel ( condition dependant ) always do the hyraulic release bearing too. ( didnt come with my LUK item and needed to be bought seperatly )

5. mjrobbo

mjrobbo 2nd Gear

thanks for the help lads thats great, ill get a new LUK one fitted and hopefully that will sort the problem.

6. S3 Paul

S3 Paul Well-Known Member Regional Rep

Ye they have no problems with the upgrade of power from a remap. As said , your clutch was probably coming to the end of its usual life span,

7. Rosscv

Rosscv New Member

Your S3 is with 380hp ?! and you´re using an OEM model clutch ?