S3 2002 Bose Question

Colt

Reaction score
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether the bose sound system from an 8L Audi A3 / S3 will fit straight into my S3 8L 2002 which has a standard concert CD player with standrd speakers and no amp.

Thanks...............

Not entirely sure but should work if you have all the bits and wires but imho i wouldn't bother.

Dunno what type of sound you are after, for me the Bose was not enough bass, if you are goin to the hassle of taking panels off you can get better speakers and sound just by putting aftermarket stuff in.

Not entirely sure but should work if you have all the bits and wires but imho i wouldn't bother.

Dunno what type of sound you are after, for me the Bose was not enough bass, if you are goin to the hassle of taking panels off you can get better speakers and sound just by putting aftermarket stuff in.

I did wonder if it was worth all the bother of the install, but a guy looking over my S3 said the Bose sound system was a much better sound than my standard system.

I've fitted many stereo upgrades so the work isn't too much hassle but if you think the Bose isn't much better then i may have a re think ?

Cheers,

The Bose sound system upgrade has all the speakers running off a 4 channel amp, the stereo needs to have Bose activated, and there's the Bose subwoofer, which has it's own tiny built in amp also.

Is it worth retro fitting? Depends if you want to keep things OEM? It's an improvement over standard, but not as good as an aftermarket head untitled and decent speakers setup, in my opinion.

The Bose sound system upgrade has all the speakers running off a 4 channel amp, the stereo needs to have Bose activated, and there's the Bose subwoofer, which has it's own tiny built in amp also.

Is it worth retro fitting? Depends if you want to keep things OEM? It's an improvement over standard, but not as good as an aftermarket head untitled and decent speakers setup, in my opinion.

So can you tell me jojo if its a straight forward fit ?

Will my S3 have the wiring already within the harness to accept the Bose upgrade ?

I did try asking a guy at my local Audi dealer, he wasn't much help to be honest.

I'd like to keep things original as its a low mileage A1 condition for the year, any advice much appreciated........

So can you tell me jojo if its a straight forward fit ?

Will my S3 have the wiring already within the harness to accept the Bose upgrade ?

I did try asking a guy at my local Audi dealer, he wasn't much help to be honest.

I'd like to keep things original as its a low mileage A1 condition for the year, any advice much appreciated........

I believe Bose equipped cars have a completely different loom to standard setup.

Honestly go aftermarket. The bose system is pretty average