S3 19" wheel upgrade pressure's

Oli.

Reaction score
When upgrading to 19" wheels on the S3, what pressures are you running?

My wheels should be here tomorrow, and I want them ready, as I collect my car next tuesday, and then Im straight off on a 400 mile roadtrip!!

Cheers

I am using 5 psi more than the recommended pressure on each axle for 2 persons. I found it good balance between handling and pothole protection.

My tyre fitter recommended 34psi front & rear.

I am using 5 psi more than the recommended pressure on each axle for 2 persons. I found it good balance between handling and pothole protection.

So what actual pressures are you running? Havent got the car yet, so cant consult the manual.....

Who you calling a plonker?? Those who have fitted 19" wheels, that my question is aimed at, will know tyre size rim width etc ie 235/35/19, on a 8.5 x 19 rim - So if you havent got anything constructive to say, dont say anything - As you dont have bigger wheels on your S3 you are hardly in a position to comment .........:tocktock:

Right now it is 40 psi front, 36 on the back. Front is almost same as OEM recommended (39) and back is 4 psi above recommended. Nice balance, a bit on the oversteer side on the track, I like it. You can lower the pressure a little on the back if you feel the ride too harsh (you sure will LOL)

Thanks mate - Someone with a sensible answer