S3 19" Alloy Speculation

Samy boi

Reaction score
I have been reading up on getting some 19" alloys for the S3 and wondering what people's views are. I am looking to lower my ride and keep that comfort feel with AP coilovers, only about 25mm and looking at wheels but people say they would rub. The alloys I am looking at take 235/35/r19 tyres and I have the OEM 18" ones at present so wondering if anyone has this set up and any advice would be great!

I dont think that comfort, and 19" wheels really go hand in hand. They wont do anything for the handling or performance either. My personal view is that 19" wheels can improve looks, but not really much else.

Reactions: Samy boi and Sayam
I agree with @s3_trev ... in my humblest of humble opinions, our 8P doesn't take well to 19" wheels unless designed with them in mind like the RS3 (different suspension and flared arches).

19" wheels do nothing for comfort, and look better/worse depending on your opinion so it is a bit of a marmite choice.

Reactions: Samy boi and s3_trev
Hi have had 18" 19" & 20" on my S3 and i agree with the guys above but it depends on that you want?

18" wheels look better once lowered and the handling, ride quality is really good.

19" wheels look good standard, looks even better once lowered. Handling is ok wouldnt say terrible but does depend on tyres with 19", but the ride is abit more harsh but if your going coilovers anyway then it wont feel much different to 18".

20" looks Really good lowered not so good on standard ride hight, handle terrible, and ride quality terrible (wouldnt do it again) haha

hope that helps and thats my view's anyway. :icon thumright:

Reactions: Sayam and Samy boi
okay cool, thanks guys, seems like the obvious choice is to go for some 18's then, I guess my budget can go towards other things now or potentially nicer alloys as I won't need new tyres, my OEM's already have continentals all round!

"What make & model of wheel do you have in mind?"

I am literally open to ideas, I have only had a quick look at present and I am partial to OZ and msw by OZ alloys just because they are similar to RS6 alloys I once saw. I do like superturismo LM matt black too but they seem quite common

http://www.wheelbasealloys.com/alloy-wheels/msw/26/matt-titanium-polished/18-inch

However, I need to have a proper look and any ideas are welcomed :) you can probably tell my taste of alloys from that haha

For those that are running 235/35/19 tyres, what pressure are you running at on an A3?