S3 0 - 60mph times How long does yours take?

Parf7

Reaction score
I was looking through an old issue of Evo magazine and notice an article on the 210 bhp S3. Evo managed to get it to 60mph in 6.1 seconds, in standard trim.
What is a realistic 0-60 time on a 265bhp S3? Does anyone know? Has anyone timed there S3 to 60? (accurately). All comments/experiences welcome!!

[ QUOTE ]
What is a realistic 0-60 time on a 265bhp S3? Does anyone know? Has anyone timed there S3 to 60? (accurately). All comments/experiences welcome!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was getting 5.6 seconds-ish at GTI Int'l this year with my 270ish BHP S3...not perticularly fast...but I don't proclaim to be a good sprinter.

You'll never get really good times in an S3 as you'll always need 3rd to get to a genuine 60MPH.

If you have a chip giving loads of torque you'll spin all 4 tryes if you launch hard.
If you have sticky tyres you'll not spin tyres but fry the clutch.
Either way you lose time.

[ QUOTE ]
MingBluS3 said:
Ess Three who tuned your car?

[/ QUOTE ]

Many people...
APR ECU code, Star Performance installed it and fitted the FMIC, Forge Motorsport custom made the FMIC, and I did a lot of the tweaking / making special parts myself.

[ QUOTE ]
Ess_Three said:
[ QUOTE ]
MingBluS3 said:
Ess Three who tuned your car?

[/ QUOTE ]

Many people...
APR ECU code, Star Performance installed it and fitted the FMIC, Forge Motorsport custom made the FMIC, and I did a lot of the tweaking / making special parts myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Poor bastardised son.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Think I'll be needing to see what I can acheive just on 0-60's in the old A3......