S2000 air filter in red

S3 GHO

Reaction score
Anyone know definitively where to get one of these in red/black combo? I've msg'd loads of sellers on eBay to no avail. Any links or phone numbers greatly appreciated.

Blueprint part number ADH22236 SHOULD always be a red filter.

I ordered one from a GSF a while back and they just got in an equivalent from their normal supplier, it was beige and green. Today I ordered a new one, but asked specifically got them to get the blueprint part due to colour.

give em a call mate, their usual supplier isn't BluePrint, but they can all get hold of them. part number as I quoted above SHOULD give you a red one if they get it from Blueprint.

Camberley auto factors have red ones via blueprint at about £28. I fitted mine and was really impressed with the look if it but it massively robbed me of power so out the original air box on two days later.

It robbed you of power? I've read loads of posts on here re cone filters and this one in particular that increase HP (albeit marginally) due to the velocity stack in thse filters? Jardo / Prawn please correct me if i'm wrong. Its the spool up noise i'm after anyway but i dont want to lose HP!

I couldn't fault the spool up noise or the dumping of boost which is what I wanted but I hated the 1 litre corsa induction noise and it really did lack power between 2-4k which is where I want more, my car is standard so whether it may compliment a badger5 tip, downpipe,decat remap I don't know?????

It robbed you of power? I've read loads of posts on here re cone filters and this one in particular that increase HP (albeit marginally) due to the velocity stack in thse filters? Jardo / Prawn please correct me if i'm wrong. Its the spool up noise i'm after anyway but i dont want to lose HP!

In terms of overall flow I can assure you they're more than capable. my current one is 9 months old and has done about 6k miles, it's absolutely filthy, and didn't seem to be a restriction at 348bhp last week on the dyno. On a stock S3 I'm sure it's more than ample.

As for flat spots being caused that seems very strange indeed! I'd be more inclined to think it FELT flatter low down due to flowing better at the top, but these cars are very odd things at the best of times, so who knows!

I've got a red one fitted at the minute and didn't notice any difference to the Nuespeed fitted before.
null_zpsa1181b9d.jpg

Mine was defo down on power with it on, but to be fair i think it may have been a heat sink issue. i put the standard box back on and it felt much better, maybe i need to fabricate a heat shield?

Mine was defo down on power with it on, but to be fair i think it may have been a heat sink issue. i put the standard box back on and it felt much better, maybe i need to fabricate a heat shield?

Heat shield shouldn't make much of a difference as the air is still heading to the turbo where it heats up anyway. From there the air is cooled by two side mount intercoolers which are perfect for stock power.

Any possibility it was the MAF? Try fitting the filter and running it with the MAF unplugged to use default settings and see how it feels then, if it's any better you may be due a new sensor.

Ill be interested to know you're thoughts on this prawn??

i might give mine another go and as discussed unplug the maf and see what happens, loved the noise!

Red filter fitted:

null_zpse1881023.jpg

feels as excellent as it did on the old s2000 filter.

As for your issues my fellow Basingstoke friend, I'd expect there to be something else amiss to cause these apparent problems, many of us have bucked the trend for heat shields and cold air induction kits for a bay mounted cone with no ill effects at all.

If you need the car scanning or any logs taking any time just give me a shout.

why dont the guys in the 8P section use this filter? surely its such a better value than these £400 kits lol? is it because its paper rather than foam?
or am i missing something. :)

JJ

Prawn, that's jolly decent of you old chap!!
i may take you up on that, I have vcds but unregistered...therefore useless thanks very much!!

Ok so fitted the filter again, ran it with MAF unplugged and it didn't seem massively different if only lacking top end now??? I don't want to buy a new maf untill I defo know its struggling!! Help??

22 quid!! I got mine from euro car parts for 11.50 !! OK I did use the "extra10" promo code at the online check out and opted for reserve and collect in store.. mine in also red.

As for power loss I've noticed nuthing.
Louder dv noise and turbo spool .. which I'm is great!! I want to hear all the different noises .. it's one of the reasons y I wanted a turbo car.

However my maf is ****** and so have a new one on order .. should b with me Tuesday and hopefully will sort her out again

A heat shield does help, I've had mine with and without, the difference is noticeable, especially in warmer weather, I got my shield for £28 off eBay.

I buy mine from euro car parts. I mask up the filter element part and spray the plastic in Matt black. Remove tape and looks great when finished.

Reactions: Lavis89
Niki at R-Tech said no power reducing problems with the S2000 filters.... Main restriction on these cars is the Turbo Intake Pipe and the Down Pipe.
On all the cars I've owned where I've gone from using a paper based element to an oil based one I've had MAF issues within 10,000 miles.
And on any car where I've bought it with an oil based element already fitted there has been a MAF related problem along with it (including my current S3).
Been using S2000 filters for over 20,000 miles and not had a single error code relating to the MAF. For £13 a go there's no point buying any other type if you want a whooshing sound unless you're going for BIG power figures.

Considering a new MAF costs a minimum of £90 for a Bosch one I think it's a no brainer, rather than go and spend £££s on a fancy cone that goes through a new MAF every 10K miles.

Plus it takes seconds to fit!

I'd highly recommend my cowboy masking tape and Matt black paint suggestion.

Added a pic of mine.

Reactions: ayfreetee