1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S2 problems need help

Discussion in 'S2/RS2 Forum' started by carlzdc, Mar 27, 2007.

1. carlzdc

carlzdc New Member

[Mar 27, 2007]
    I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY AUDI S2 AVANT. FOR MORE THAN A YEAR I HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH INCONSISTENCY AND JERCKING IN TH EWAY IT RUNS, LACK OF POWER IN THE HIGHER REVS AND THE CAR DIES OFTEN WHEN I STOP.
    IT HAS BEEN IN AND OUT OF THE MECHANICS SHOP 6 TIMES AND I HAVE LOST FAITH IN HIM. IN SOUTH AFRICA THERE ARE FEW PEOPLE WHO WILL WORK ON THE CAR SO I HAVE A PROBLEM.
    I NEED ANY ADVICE ON WHAT TO DO TO SOLVE THIS PROBLOM OR ON WHAT THE PROBLEM MIGHT BE.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 25, 2014]

3. Rev-head

Rev-head Active Member

[Mar 27, 2007]
    Hi Carl and welcome to Audi Sport.net

What age of S2 do you have as they have 2 types 3B and ABY engine one has a distributor and the other coil packs

what has the garage done already to the car so we can take that out of the equation

Power problem usually come from :
    Boost leak from intercooler hoses to and from the turbo
    Faulty dump valve
    WGFV=waste gate freaqency valve faulty
    Coil packs failing under load
    POS=power out put stage which controls the coil packs as in timing
    Fuel pressure /when was the last time you replaced the fuel filter

With the car cutting out on you i take it that when it is hot?....would be looking for a vacuum pipe leak somewhere and check all hose attached to the inlet manifold are tight

loads of info on S2's are here www.S2forum.com and for stats/resource http://www.s2central.net/ run by guy Paul Nugent very good with S2s

Cheers