1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S2 Avant front driveshafts

stigzs2 Jun 6, 2004

1. stigzs2

stigzs2 New Member

Hi all,

I`ve have to change the "cv" boots on the front driveshafts, and have been told that once the hubs and driveshafts are separated the "cv" itself can be hit with a mash hammer to get them off the shaft. I have am at this stage now but my challenge is that they don`t seem to want to come off.
    Can anyone please help with some info on how they should come off..?

Thanks !

2. Doug_RS2

Doug_RS2 Member

I am sure there is a trick to this where you do not hit it with a hammer but use the bolt to push it off - look on www.s2forum.com - I read it somewhere in there.

HTH

3. stigzs2

stigzs2 New Member

Doug rs2,

Thanks for your input my friend. I managed to "suss" it by getting the car up in the air it was easier to knock them off.
    Also i just found out about something called a " stretch boot " which will fit over ( with aid from the special cone tool ) any cv joint, saving the need for removal.
    I guess we live and learn .

Cheers.

ps, "Europarts" supplied the wrong cv kits too, so i`ll be careful before i use them again.+ They called my car "oddball " damn cheek!