1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S2 (ABY) Fusebox Wiring Plug Help Needed

Discussion in 'S2/RS2 Forum' started by oollit, Jan 15, 2010.

1. oollit

oollit New Member

[Jan 15, 2010]
    Hi,
    i have recently replaced a fire damaged fusebox on a 1994 2.2L S2 (Engine Code ABY) but need a little help to finish off the electrics.

I have managed to get nearly everything back to where it belongs after a very long day tracing wires and studying diagrams but i am stuck on one remaining connector plug.
    I bought a 2nd hand fusebox with all the connector plugs and part of the wiring loom still connected to it which made the job a lot easier as it meant that i knew which colour wire went where. However the last plug is slightly different to what is fitted to the car and i have ended up with a couple of extra wires which i don't know what positions they go in the connector.

This is the plug in question, it lives on the N/S of the fusebox under the scuttle panel and clips in fore and aft below the air con and radiator fan relays....

[​IMG]

The 4 wires on the loom that go into the plug match the colours shown but i also have a brown wire and a double black/yellow wire and i am not sure which positions they clip into the connector. One of these wires also had a 2" loop with a 2nd terminal but i am not sure which one. The wiring on this plug on the cars loom was an unrecongisable birds nest of melted plastic/copper so i can't figure out where it went.

The car that the fuse box came from didn't have air con so i am hoping that this is what the wires are for.

Can anyone take a photo of this plug for me so i can finish off this job and get the car back on the road.

I have had the car started and every thing does seem to be working but i wont know until i road test the car.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 21, 2014]

3. oollit

oollit New Member

[Feb 11, 2010]
    Still needing some help with this, can anyone help?
  4. Tonks4x4

Tonks4x4 New Member

[Mar 31, 2010]
    Have you managed to sort this issue?
    if not all the wiring diagrams for the S2 are on s2central.net

Brian