1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S-tronic reset/flash costs?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Jonny-Smith, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Jonny-Smith

Jonny-Smith Member

[Apr 14, 2012]
    Hi all

I was hoping somebody on here would be able to give me an idea of how much it would cost to have my s-tronic gearbox reset by audi?
    I've been over to my dealer this morning and i have a slight problem with the gearbox. It is juddering into 2nd gear.
    The service mechanic seems to think that if i had the gearbox reset it would resolve the problem.

I was just wondering whether people think this could solve the problem and a rough idea on cost.

Thanks Jonny
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 22, 2014]

3. Ads

Ads License to drive

[Apr 14, 2012]
    S-tronic reset has been known to cure rough gear changes and general unsmooth operation. Not sure how much Audi will charge but it wouldn't be cheap knowing their hourly charge.
    If I were you I'd spend the money on VCDS from member NHN and do the reset yourself using this guide ----------> 6-Speed Direct Shift Gearbox (DSG/02E) - Ross-Tech Wiki

You'll then have a diagnostic tool for all future faults/coding/etc.
  4. paultaylor

paultaylor Member

[Apr 15, 2012]
    I'd like to try this to get smoother 1st gear changes, I have VCDS but am nervous to try it.

Is there any risk involved?
  5. fangio

fangio Well-Known Member

[Apr 15, 2012]
    If you mean the bit of a jerk you get if you go quickly from brake to throttle, then that's normal. It takes a second or so for the electronics to do there job.
    I'm pretty sure you can't programme it out. :sorry:

I get round it by using the handbrake.....
  6. paultaylor

paultaylor Member

[Apr 15, 2012]
    I've been told a new mechatronics unit is the only surefire fix.