1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S Tronic or Manual?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Diamond, May 21, 2010.

1. Diamond

Diamond Member

Hi,

I currentley got a A3 BE 2.0TDI 170 manual on order and was thining on adding S Tronic. Wondering what everyone views on S Tronic? is it worth the extra money? or will i be better off sticking to the manual?

Thanks!
  2. paddy

paddy Audi=No fault code, no idea

Its a totally individual thing and really you need to get down the dealers and try a S-Tronic. It will work really well in a 2.0 TDI.
  3. Brett Butler

Brett Butler Member

I love S-Tronic on my S3, but you do really need to drive S-Tronic with a Diesel, I have heard a few comments about lack of rev range does not really complement it so well.
  4. Munnzzz

Munnzzz Top Gear

I think Autocar sums it up rather well...

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/249676/

I have the S tronic on the old 170 Diesel and i would thoroughly recommend it! Id say it complements the diesel even more so than the petrol and here's why, in a manual diesel you will find yourself changing gear very often due to the short power band but in the s tronic it keeps your car in the optimum power band should you put your foot down and change at most economic if your being sensible. Brilliant in rush hour traffic as well however useless in snow due to the inability to start in 2nd/3rd gear.
  5. N8

N8 Kowalski Details

I love my STronic diesel
  6. Diamond

Diamond Member

I've alreday tryed the S Tronic but it was in a petrol car as they don't one in a diesel. I was very impressed with the petrol S Tronic, but wanted know if it just as good in a diesel.