S-tronic on my PFL showing wear...

LJC105

Reaction score
Hello,

I've been loving my PFL S3 for the month I've had it now. However something that's raising concerns is the s-tronic. Referring back to my previous thread I've now noticed a further problem: http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/s3-pfl-confused-s-tronic-gearbox.318826/#post-2974155

Yesterday the red part under the gear knob started to show, it simply slides back in however moving the lever makes it pop out again, this really has disappointed me. Not only that but I've noticed the right part of the material is bulging out, as if someones forced it back in, it's really bothering me. :grumpy:

With the gearbox often making the car bounce off the rev limiter at high speed, as well as the rare lag from the paddles, I'm not sure if I'm being paranoid or if I've been sold a problem car!

I've attached two photos so you can all see.

I wasn't made prior to purchase that this car has had any gear box repairs, however I feel it may be right to forward this onto the stealership to see what they say but I feel they won't want to know. The car was purchased with 12,000 miles on a 65 plate so I don't quite understand how this lack of quality is showing already?

Attachments

• IMG_3564.jpg
    IMG_3564.jpg
    367.1 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_3564 copy.jpg
    IMG_3564 copy.jpg
    633.9 KB · Views: 198
The cars still under manufacturers warranty. Get it back in and let them have a look at it and ask the questions that are bothering you. Only way to put your mind at ease.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
The cars still under manufacturers warranty. Get it back in and let them have a look at it and ask the questions that are bothering you. Only way to put your mind at ease.

Thanks, I've dropped the salesman an email so hopefully all should be good. :)

Reactions: Scottyg
I'd say that's a problematic car that someone has had a look at and failed. But why? It is under warranty :/

Get it booked in, if the car when in auto is bouncing off the rev limiter you 100% have problems.

So from today's rainy weather visiting family up north I've noticed my rear wiper isn't working. Washer fluid is coming out fine but nothing from the wiper itself.

Booked in with Audi West London and they can't see me until 19th May..!!! Disappointed to say the least especially now having an unusable rear wiper.

I'd say that's a problematic car that someone has had a look at and failed. But why? It is under warranty :/

Get it booked in, if the car when in auto is bouncing off the rev limiter you 100% have problems.

After a quick number plate check (had a private reg on before my ownership) the previous owner now has a new A3 s line... so not quite sure why he got rid so quickly...:whistle2:

Reactions: AudiNutta
After a quick number plate check (had a private reg on before my ownership) the previous owner now has a new A3 s line... so not quite sure why he got rid so quickly...:whistle2:

Nice investigating, my kind of work haha.

Maybe it was too much to run?

Speed warning on the MMI was set to 150 when I first got the car... something tells me it was to do with speeding and the plod haha

Speed warning on the MMI was set to 150 when I first got the car... something tells me it was to do with speeding and the plod haha

I hope that's just that they didn't know there was an off setting, haha.