S TRONIC and my LEFT FOOT

ACWKGYTO

Reaction score
Had my S3 with the S TRONIC for about 3 weeks now, have had automatics before so should be used to them. I have a couple of other manual cars which I drive less often.

Anyway Ive done this a couple of times now and been lucky nothing was behind me.

For some reason maybe because of the S option Ive hit the brake with my left foot as if its the clutch.

OMG nearly went through the windscreen ! Really dangerous especially burning down the M60....anyone else done this

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????

By the way the car is amazing its just takes time to break old habits

Had my S3 with the S TRONIC for about 3 weeks now, have had automatics before so should be used to them. I have a couple of other manual cars which I drive less often.

Anyway Ive done this a couple of times now and been lucky nothing was behind me.

For some reason maybe because of the S option Ive hit the brake with my left foot as if its the clutch.

OMG nearly went through the windscreen ! Really dangerous especially burning down the M60....anyone else done this

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????

By the way the car is amazing its just takes time to break old habits
I haven't (touch wood) on my auto,I'd put your lower left leg under the seat out of the way,after a while you'll stop doing it.
Done it on a courtesy car and wrenched my neck,knew what I was doing but autopilot was engaged lol

Reactions: ACWKGYTO
yeah its like an automatic reaction, was very hungry and stressed the other night when I did it so maybe I need to watch that too !

The drivers behind me must have thought what the hell is he doing !!!!!!!!!!!

I've done this before on the drive when I jumped into the Ed30. At the time I was still on the drive with no seatbelt on getting the car out the way. I nearly did go through the front window..... lol

hahaha I done this when I first got my car. the reason for me braking was because I saw the cops and I may or may not have been going a little bit too fast (2mph or so :p) luckily as I broke with my left foot the lights that I was approaching turned red so I managed to play it off with my friends that it was meant.

hahaha I done this when I first got my car. the reason for me braking was because I saw the cops and I may or may not have been going a little bit too fast (2mph or so :p) luckily as I broke with my left foot the lights that I was approaching turned red so I managed to play it off with my friends that it was meant.

Jees it really stops you quickly...didnt realise my left foot is so strong !

Reactions: R90 STL
Jees it really stops you quickly...didnt realise my left foot is so strong !

No, it's just that you get used to pushing it all the way to the floor.............quickly!

haha that and my left foot is pretty useless at best

I've done this before on the drive when I jumped into the Ed30. At the time I was still on the drive with no seatbelt on getting the car out the way. I nearly did go through the front window..... lol

Damn where you been hiding :)