1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S-Tronic and a weird 'no gear selected' problem at traffic islands

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by RPB, Jul 26, 2012.

1. RPB

RPB Active Member

[Jul 26, 2012]
    I have the S-Tronic gearbox on my S3 and have had the following issue I would say around 3 times since owning this car from new.
    I do have a Shark ECU map and a Shark DSG map.
    I am in M mode, coming up to a traffic roundabout, as the traffic is not moving I do not manually change down gears as I know when I stop, the DSG will select the 1st or 2nd gear for me.
    Whilst slowing down the traffic starts to move so I am now rolling at say around 5 to 10 mph at this point. I press the pedal to 'go' and the DSG is effectively in neutral and all it does is rev up and I go nowhere cus it is not even in any gear at all! Now this is quite dangerous and indeed frightening should any car appear on the roundabout whilst I am 'stuck' in neutral frantically trying to get moving. Its so weird! If I do not select a gear in M then why is it not just staying in 3rd or 4th then? How and why it gets into neutral amazes me.
    I then find myself pulling the paddles trying to get it to sort it's sh*t out so i can get moving again.
    Anyone else had this before?
    Regards,
    Rich.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 26, 2014]

3. fangio

fangio Well-Known Member

4. mjr901

mjr901 Parts Manager - (Main Dealer)

[Jul 26, 2012]
    mine has done the same. prob 3 times in 8-9 months. 2012 S3. S-Tronic done 9.5k. No dsg map but I do have a shark ecu map.

To clarify, it happened before I had the remap too. so it's not a "shark" thing.

It gets confused, it's a computer afterall. but perhaps a glitch that Audi need to sort as more and more people discovers it.
  5. RPB

RPB Active Member

[Jul 26, 2012]
    Thx for the info folks! :)
  6. Artimus

Artimus Short Back

[Jul 26, 2012]
    yep! there was a recall for just this scenario ...

[​IMG]

not sure if they'll wipe your map when updating the ECU.