1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S-Line??? V5C says sport

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by curley, Nov 2, 2006.

1. curley

curley Member

I picked up my 2.0 TDi (140) PS DSG S-Line last Friday, received the V5C (Registration docs) this morning and my car is a "A3 SPORT TDI AUTO"
    Phoned the DVLA and they say that the dealer has supplied all the information and the make and model are correct according to the dealer.
    Are all S-Lines marked as Sport on your reg docs??? Dealer said, dont worry it's an S-line but when i come to sell the car will i have some probs??

Edit... just phoned my insurance company, they sent out a cover note so i could collect the car but now my docs have come through with the car as a 170 PS, when i got onto them they are telling me it's a sport also... I think they are going off the DVLA registration... Confused at the moment.
  2. Dandle

Dandle Member

Mine says "A3 Sport S-line FSI".
  3. coupe-se

coupe-se Member

My V5 defintely lists my A3 S-line as an S-Line NOT a Sport.

It isn't that uncommon for the DVLA to have completley wrong details for a car it seems, which I have found out personally in the past with a Zetec S Ford Mundano listed as a Ghia. It turned into a 6 week farce for me to do the leg work and get Ford and the DVLA to talk to each other and look into the original docs to sort the mess out.

Good luck!!
  4. curley

curley Member

Thanks for your replies guys..
    Looks like a trip to the dealers over the weekend.
  5. A3_TOBES

A3_TOBES Member

U have me puzzled now as i've just checked my V5 and says A3 Quattro Sport. Car is an Avus A3 with S-Line trim all over it so always thought its an S-Line ? HPI, reciept of purchase (bought 2nd hand) ins cert all say Quattro Sport ???

Any ways of telling which it is for certain ? Anyone else with the same thing on their V5's ???????
  6. coupe-se

coupe-se Member

On my V5 section 4 D.2:

Model/Type A3 S-Line TDI S/BACK

Surely with the Sport being an actual model variant, the V5 is technically wrong and could have implications with the insurance grouping on the car?
    I got insured on my car purely by quoting the registration number and the detail came back as correct.
  7. Redwing289

Redwing289 New Member

I notice yours is an 05 car....... Not sure what's on my V5 but my 3.2 is an 05 s-line..... at the time of purchase the car model was specified as a 3.2 quattro sport and then the 's-line package' was added as an option. Think this changed when Audi revamped the whole 's-line thing' seperating the exterior and interior mods. Might explain why newer cars have s-line on the v5.

I seem to remember a whole debate kicking off on here at the time i bought my car as to whether or not the s-line was a model or a package
  8. curley

curley Member

Now i'm getting really confused guys. When i phoned the dealer he said it wasn't a problem but i'm thinking of my insurance, when / if i make a claim.
  9. co55ie

co55ie Member

I had a slimilar problem on the V5 of my old evo the car was called a lancer 2 axle rigid body or something no mention of it being an Evo . I sent the DVLA a copy of the original sale invoice and they amended the V5 with the correct details
  10. curley

curley Member

Cheers co55ie, Ive just had a look at the invoice and it states the car as an S-Line. Think i'll send the DVLA a copy.
  11. coupe-se

coupe-se Member

If you are concerned in any way about a possible insurance issue, just phone your insurer and double check with them what details they have..

My car was manufactured with alloys that are different to whats is fitted normaly. I requested that my insurance company make a note of this on my policy to avoid any possible problems should I need to claim in the future. They did so without any additional cost and no hassle.

As I said in my post above V5 errors are pretty common.
  12. Spook

Spook Member

I have no idea what all the fuss is about.

Any confusion about the exact model/designation can be conclusively settled by looking at the codes on the vehicle data sticker in the boot.
  13. curley

curley Member

So you would be quite happy for the DVLA to have your car down on record as an SE or Sport if you had bought an S-Line.
    My main concern is the insurance as they will not have it that my car is an S-Line, the are taking the model off the registration (DVLA). Now for instance, say i have a total loss claim in the next few weeks then i have all the trouble of sorting this lot out.
  14. Spook

Spook Member

Still can't see the problem.

If you declared the correct make/model on your insurance proposal when you first took it out, you are totally covered.

If there is a subsequent query by the insurance company, the vehicle data sticker will be conclusive in support of the model/designation you put on your proposal form.

FYI, mine is down on my V5 as "A3 SPORT QUATTRO" but is recorded with the insurance company as an S-Line as per my proposal.

If you need something to worry about, try global warming. I'm making my contribution to that with a 3.2 ;)
  15. coupe-se

coupe-se Member

Sticker in the boot or not its hassle that most of us would not want. I think most of us know just how frustrating insurance companies can be when everything is recorded correctly, let alone when some paperwork doesn't match

Also sticker or not when selling the car on privately/part x, any V5 discrepency could give a prospective purchaser uneccasary concerns and delay a sale.

Why not just sort the V5 discrepency, no fuss, no worry, no hassle?
  16. Vertigo1

Vertigo1 Well-Known Member

coupe-se, what's the deal with your sig? Didn't think there was any such thing as an S-Line special edition with the 170PS diesel engine?

Actually, to be accurate, I've heard that there are plans for such a best, along the same lines as the 2.0T special edition models, but these aren't available yet, surely?

I'm puzzled :)
  17. coupe-se

coupe-se Member

Rather than spam, Iv'e pm'd you!! :icon_thumright: