S LINE TDI DSG V SLINE2.0T DSG

cejsmith

Reaction score
I've decided to go for and Sline A3, but when looking at the price list, it occurred to me that I could have a chipped TDI cheaper than a 2.0T ( I bet both engines cost the same to produce!!!!!). I've spoken to AMD and they can do both cars , they just limit the tourque (it's about 20ftlb less.)

Any thoughts?????

Ps Here one to throw into the pot, would a chipped 2.0T be quicker and handle better than a 3.2

If you're going to tune it I wouldn't go down the DSG route. Too much of an unknown quantity that gearbox...

I've driven a 2.0T and a 3.2 back to back and the 2.0T definately felt more nimble. The 3.2 did feel very front heavy to me.

Quite a question.

Are you looking for the performance of the TFSI or the economy of the tdi., and save some money on the cost of the car as well.

As cupramax said, if tuning then don't bother with DSG, go quattro instead!

Oettinger can tune the TFSI engine to 230 BHP, with 249 lb of torque, they claim their 0-62 is 6.3 secs from 7.1, that seems pretty much on par with the 3.2 .

http://www.oettinger.com/

Check out audi on oettinger site, then sportback tuning.

I expect this will be available here soon.

[ QUOTE ]
TDI-line said:

Oettinger can tune the TFSI engine to 230 BHP, with 249 lb of torque, they claim their 0-62 is 6.3 secs from 7.1, that seems pretty much on par with the 3.2 .

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, thats what I'm banking on and saving £2k or so over the 3.2 in the process.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Probably limited the amount of boost they can run as the TFSi is running a lot higher compression ratio than the 1.8T... I dont doubt over time the figures will rise once the tuners get there hands on it and spend time finding what they can safely do.

[ QUOTE ]
TDI-line said:
Why can't they get more out of the TFSI like your cupra is/was.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's also running a smaller turbo.

Superchips are getting 240bhp out the 2.0t so far...

The more I think about it, perhaps I should have a quattro rather than DSG!!!!!!