S-Line Suspension vs Bilstein B12 or similar...

mehtaman

Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone have experience of running a Bilstein B12 Pro Kit or something similar???

I am thinking about upgrading my S-Line suspension to something a little better.

Partly for the better handling and lower stance of the car and mainly because I think my shocks are on their way out.
The car's ride is very firm to say the least, the rear 'thumps' down going over speed bumps (at a low speeds) and there is a slight squeak from one of the front shocks when it goes over a bump.

I was running a Bilstein/Eibach combo on my previous car and the ride was not that bad.
I am not sure if I will get much of a gain as the car already has the sports suspension that is on the S-Line range.

I am new to the Audi scene, as a short term fix, can the shocks be re-gassed???

Any info is welcome, thanks in advance :)

Not had any experience with that kit, however I think the concensus is that the standard s-line setup is not the best and is often described as 'crashy'.

I only changed the springs to H&R and although the ride is more firm (also went up to 19"s) is some how seems smoother...

Thanks for the reply, I did notice that H&R seem to be the favoured setup.

Does the car drop by 30mm even on the standard s-line shocks?

no the 30mm drop is usaly quoted for the se

S-line is 20mm lower than standard SE suspension. The s-line shocks are also different but it's the springs that give the lower ride height. From what I've heard the sports shocks are red, SE and black...

So a 30mm spring set would be 10mm lower than an S-line, 45mm = 25mm, etc.

And if you're sticking with the same wheels the ride should be much improved!

Thanks for the info, I can't see any red shocks on my car so I presume I have the normal Sports Suspension rather than the full on S-Line kit, based on the latest Audi S-Line info this is around about a 20mm drop:

S line equipment
In addition to SE model equipment:

Wheels, tyres and suspension
Sports suspension 20mm lower than Standard (S line suspension 30mm lower than Standard – available in lieu of Sports suspension at no charge)
18” x 8J ‘5-spoke’ S line design alloy wheels with 245/40 R18 tyres