S-Line Suspension Options...

dhughes1

Reaction score
I have recently purchased an A4 S-Line 2.0 TDI (06 plate) from Audi, just done shy of 29k miles. Genuine Approved Audi with all the usual main dealer extended warranty and trimmings, in silver with 18” RS6 wheels.

Having owned the car a month, I have found the ride is simply too firm for my needs, as I spend the majority of the 500 miles I drive each week in a straight line at 80mph on the motorway.You may say, why did you buy a car with sports suspension and 18” wheels, which would be a very good question… I guess I just fell in love with the looks of the thing and thought I would get used to a the stiffer ride.

I am currently exploring establishing costs and pros/cons to my various options of getting a comfortable motorway ride, which seem to be;

1) Trade in the car with Audi for an SE variant
2) Trade / sell car privately for SE variant
3) Swap suspension for standard on current car

Looking at option 2) – Does anyone on here have an SE similar age and spec they are looking to trade for an S-Line?

Or alternatively, 3) anyone interested in buying / trading S-Line suspension?

I guess I just fell in love with the looks of the thing and thought I would get used to a the stiffer ride.

Welcome to my world:beerchug: After 32000 miles and 21 months, I still haven't got used to the ride.

One thing you could try is borrowing a set of 17inch alloys will higher profile tyres. This should improve the ride. Not sure if it will be enough but will be easier than replacing the car.

im opposite as i think the sline suspension is way to soft, it bottoms out at 50-60 on country roads, when bought the car i drove from leeds to to mid scotland an found the ride very smooth..

have u tried sittin on a silk cushion lol

If you think B7 S-Line suspension is firm, you should try a B6 Sport! I've driven a few B7 S-Lines and always found them more supple and controlled that our B6

I've go with the suggestion of trying 17" wheels first as that may be your cheapest solution. Another option is to talk to suspension suppliers as I'm sure you could get new suspension with the same ride height but a better quality ride. As with everything, Audi suspension will be built to a price and can be improved if you throw money at it.

I Have the Avant 2.0 TDI S line and find the same But it doesent bother Me. But I did try the 17s off My Wifes A4 Cab And found almost no improvement at all !!! Its in the suspension I think !!