S-Line Suspension is hard?

s-line stu

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to this forum as I have just swapped my 2003 Golf GTI for a 20K miles 2004 S-Line A4 Saloon 190.

Generally I am very pleased with the car, the only small niggle that I have is the suspension does seem very firm. I didn't notice this on the test drive as it was mainly smooth dual carrageway but have since noticed potholes and uneven surfaces that I didn't seem to notice in the golf.

I gather that this is how they all are from reading about it on the net but would appreciate a second opinion?

It's riding on the standard setup with the 18 inch wheels.

Thanks in anticipation,

Stu

I had an A3 2.0 Tdi s-line and my wife and family refused to travel in it because the suspension was so hard. I think you'll find that the general consensus is that the s-line set-up is not that smooth to say the least. I'm sure that others with far more knowledge and experience than myelf will no doubt let you know either way.

Yep, the S-line & preceeding Sport models are a hard ride! One way around this would be to change the wheels for a 17" rim giving you more rubber to cushion you, or get a cushion as my sister boyfriend does!!!!!!

yes i'm feeling the same about my A3 S-Line after living with it for a month now. I also came from a Golf. My wife prefers us to go out in her Focus because she says it's much more compfortable.

I think it's fine on motorways and Dual Carriage ways and handles great on twist roads, but it is overly jittery and hard for a relaxed drive through the countryside.

Still, love the S-Line look and spec and would not change it for a sport. My mate has a A3 sport on 17's and not really much different IMO.