1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S-Line Suspension is hard?

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by s-line stu, Jan 26, 2008.

1. s-line stu

s-line stu Member

Jan 26, 2008
    I am new to this forum as I have just swapped my 2003 Golf GTI for a 20K miles 2004 S-Line A4 Saloon 190.

Generally I am very pleased with the car, the only small niggle that I have is the suspension does seem very firm. I didn't notice this on the test drive as it was mainly smooth dual carrageway but have since noticed potholes and uneven surfaces that I didn't seem to notice in the golf.

I gather that this is how they all are from reading about it on the net but would appreciate a second opinion?

It's riding on the standard setup with the 18 inch wheels.

Thanks in anticipation,

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sage33e

sage33e sage33e

Jul 7, 2007
    I had an A3 2.0 Tdi s-line and my wife and family refused to travel in it because the suspension was so hard. I think you'll find that the general consensus is that the s-line set-up is not that smooth to say the least. I'm sure that others with far more knowledge and experience than myelf will no doubt let you know either way.
  4. Nickynibbles

Nickynibbles Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!

Jun 5, 2007
    Yep, the S-line & preceeding Sport models are a hard ride! One way around this would be to change the wheels for a 17" rim giving you more rubber to cushion you, or get a cushion as my sister boyfriend does!!!!!!
  5. rob1210

rob1210 Member

Nov 21, 2007
    yes i'm feeling the same about my A3 S-Line after living with it for a month now. I also came from a Golf. My wife prefers us to go out in her Focus because she says it's much more compfortable.

I think it's fine on motorways and Dual Carriage ways and handles great on twist roads, but it is overly jittery and hard for a relaxed drive through the countryside.

Still, love the S-Line look and spec and would not change it for a sport. My mate has a A3 sport on 17's and not really much different IMO.