1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S-Line Springs in Non S-Line Car??

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by danielescobarg, Nov 25, 2010.

1. danielescobarg

danielescobarg New Member

Hello Everybody.

I have been Reading this forum foe a while but never got to post anything.

So here it goes,

I live in Colombia, South America and currently have an 2009 Audi A3 (Facelift) 2.0T FWD with the CCZA. I used to have coil-overs in my car, but the road here suck big time. I ruined the rear ones in a huge pot hole and now I am running stock suspension. The change was day and night, my car now feels much smoother, and with the added sway bars, much of the handling is still there. However, I have 18” VMRs wheels, which with the stock suspension looks terrible, the wheel gap is huge. I want to do a mild drop, maximum 1” or so, but all of the lowering spring go about 1.5”. Due to the roads here I rather sacrifice a bit of cosmetics for some functionality. So I read that the Euro S-Line springs give about 1” drop and keep most of the comfort, which is basically what I am looking for.

Anybody can help my in finding out the P/N for the S-Line Springs? My car is Euro spec 2 door, but I don’t know if the shock itself is different between Non S-lines and S-lines.

This is my Vin, if anybody has access to ETKA:
    WAUZZZ8P19A050610

This is the VIN from a friend, who bought the car at the same time as me, but his is S-Line.
    WAUZZZ8P99A076680

Maybe you can see if the P/N are the same for both chassis and if they are compatible, because as I mentioned, what worries meis that the shock itsel is different and the S-line Spring won’t sit properly on a Non-sline Shock

Thanks for your help!!!

Daniel
  2. sub39h

sub39h Active Member

Ok for starters I wouldn't advertise my VIN over the net if I were you.

Secondly I own an S-Line and trust me the coilovers I have are more comfortable. What cookies were you running?
  3. danielescobarg

danielescobarg New Member

Thanks,

I dont know what is wrong with putting my VIN online, is not like its secret information, its pretty visible on the windshield for everyone to see.

But anyways, I was runing FK/Konisport and they sucked big time, they bounced up front like crazy and were super harsh.

I had a ride in my frinds S-Line and it rides pretty much like my car, a bit harder, but looks a 1000 times better.

I just want to know the P/N and if it will fit non-sline shocks.

Thanks
  4. sub39h

sub39h Active Member

Contact Dave on the stoke audi section of the forum. He'll be able to provide part numbers